IGNORED

More shifting woes

Ok folks:

You guys (n gals) are amazing and have helped me so much. Here we go again. Sometimes when downshifting it skips second and goes right to neutral from 3rd. Not all the time and seems to work more often than not but I believe it is getting worse. I know someone here will be able to tell me what the problem is. I don't have 2nd popping out on acceleration. Upshifting is smooth and never misses a beat. A few weeks ago I had to take the clutch cover off and have a look at the thingy with the pins. A couple of them were loose so I fixed that and all was good.

Any ideas?

HELP??

Wayne

Hey Wayne, good morning, eh!

Not sure what could be causing that, the cam stopper plate (#5) may be suspect. If it becomes a problem, you could replace that pin/cam (#6) setup with the new superceded part number 4nk-18185-00-00, which does away with that little cage that holds the pins in.

Perhaps Mr. Squeeze may have some enlightenment to entertain you with!

Dan

Edited by Dano

Did you just reposition the Pins and bend the Tabs back in Place back then ?

If so, it's not unusual that these might give you Grief again.

I'd look there first, if that checks out, it's either the Ratchet Mechanism itself, or, (bad News) the Shifter Drum. But if you can confirm the Bike shift into a definitive Neutral, it's not the Drum or the Shifter Forks. If "Neutral" means somewhere inbetween Gears, the Culprit could be anything.

Hey Squeeze:

It for sure goes to neutral even the neutral light comes on and I can then shift up to 2nd or down to 1st without a problem... I'm looking at the upgrade to the VMax unit to replace the round thingy with the pins. Thanks for that advice... I believe that is where the problem is.

Wayne