I would like to send out a special thanks to Squidley for finding the issue that has for so long plagued my bike. After all of the troublshooting and head scratching, Squidley shows up and points out the fact that my rear brake fluid was no longer fluid. It is now a gel. Appearantly my rear brake has been slowly locking up on me. Thank you Squidley :bowdown:.

He also pointed out a couple of other issues that I need a little help with. Is there anybody out there who may have a spare rear reservoir and a proportioning valve they would like to part with? My valve is no good and my reservoir is in pieces. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Clay

Can't help on a spare proportioning valve, I'd love to have an extra myself, but you can open that puppy up and pull the spindle and valves out clean it up and put it back together without the guts to get by for a while.

You won't have the 70/30 spilt on pressure, more like 50/50 but it will work. Ran mine that way for a few months. Brakes worked fine.

When I bought my bike the PO had opened the valve for some reason and got it back together wrong and it took a while to figure out the right way as there are no exploded views available anywhere. No rebuild kits. No nuttin. So I was dealing with no brakes at all until I gutted it. In a jam.....make do ya know.

I see a lot of master cylinders on eBay with the proportioning valve still attached. From the dealers I think they quoted me $165.00 for new.

By the way the attached pic is how mine came apart......not the right order at all.