IGNORED

What would you buy?

ken

I have to agree you Kitesquid on the Valkryie. I've watched them on ebay and thier still selling for around $10,000. I've see a few real nice ones with low miles come up, but it seem like more then not the reserve is never met. There was one that the bidding ended today with the last bid at $8200 with 61,000 and it was a no sale, reserve not met. Seller say he had over $6500 extras

First of all if you got to ask some one elsa what to buy you have a big problum!!!!!! Next I have had a 2005 Harley utra I got tried of putting it in the repair shop!!!! I had a 2001 Voyager and loved it traded it for the harley avery BIG mistake >>> now I just bought a 2008 Venture and like it... The new Voyager looks great almost like the venture from the back ... Bottom line is the Voyager and venture are great bikes either one would be great to own.... So if you are haveing a hard time the choice is easy either one of the last two......RonaldE:thumbsup2:

i would have to say the wing hands down. it sets the standard for a touring bike. it hasn't been no.1 for years for nothing. the venture would be my second choice. they are both great bikes. just depends on the individual. the wing would be a little cramped for a tall person. i have solved the floorboard problem on my wing with modified kury highway boards. i have made brackets to move them down and rearward. took away the spread eagle feel. i now have the best of both worlds. pegs, and floorboards that are comfortable. the power is incredible and it is very smooth. the seat is like any of them. it depends upon the indiviual. the only thing i had against the venture was frame flex when pushing it in the curves, which caused wallowing, and having to shift constantly. the wing is rock solid, almost sportbike like, and you put it in 5th gear and forget it.:2133:

Damn they're FUGLY bikes.

This one looks like a snail trying to crawl over a couple of razor blades.

cause I think it looks really good. I'm not looking to buy and I'm happy with my RSV, but if something happened and I had to replace it today, I don't think I could buy a 2009 or 2010 bike with a tape deck in it. That's just absurd. As much as I like my RSV, Yamaha has to at least pretend to be keeping up with the others.

http://z.about.com/d/motorcycles/1/7/k/k/-/-/Victory_CrossCountry_static_large.jpg

If I had the money :mo money:I'd sink it into another 1st gen mkII.........

All the "touring machines" that I've seen in pics or in person all seem to be "loaded cruisers" for the exception of the Gold Wing......that to me looks like a scooter.

I've waited a long time for my "couch" (1st gen mk II) and if I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd buy the nicest looking, most recently manufactured (93/94 if I could find one) with the least amount of mileage on it and all the parts I could, to keep it running.

:sign06:I wonder :think: if Yamaha would ever consider :lightbulb: manufacturing a vintage limited edition 1st gen mk II? :feedback: I think that if Yamaha ever got on this site, read what you folks have pointed out as recurring problems and or suggestions/upgrades for 1st gen's (CLASS errors, upgrades to progressive springs, fork brace, etc) took all that info and made a limited edition if it would sell. :sign bring it on: I know you'd be fighting me off to get to the front of the line to purchase one.:dancefool::banana:

If I had the money :mo money:I'd sink it into another 1st gen mkII.........

All the "touring machines" that I've seen in pics or in person all seem to be "loaded cruisers" for the exception of the Gold Wing......that to me looks like a scooter.

I've waited a long time for my "couch" (1st gen mk II) and if I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd buy the nicest looking, most recently manufactured (93/94 if I could find one) with the least amount of mileage on it and all the parts I could, to keep it running.

:sign06:I wonder :think: if Yamaha would ever consider :lightbulb: manufacturing a vintage limited edition 1st gen mk II? :feedback: I think that if Yamaha ever got on this site, read what you folks have pointed out as recurring problems and or suggestions/upgrades for 1st gen's (CLASS errors, upgrades to progressive springs, fork brace, etc) took all that info and made a limited edition if it would sell. :sign bring it on: I know you'd be fighting me off to get to the front of the line to purchase one.:dancefool::banana:

Well, believ it or not .. I wouldn't want a 1Gen revival ...

They should just use the VMAX as the Base of a new Touring Bike in 1Gen Style and i'd buy one in a Minute !!

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I did look and ride 'em all. Comfort for wife was also a big consideration. After looking long and hard and trying 'em out we went with the RSV (June 09) and have never looked back. Great machine, outstanding warranty, proven design, bulletproof engine AND it was more comfortable for the two of us than ANY of 'em. For what it's worth, the new Kaw Voyager was #2 and the Hardly Ultra was #3. The Vision was VERY uncomfortable for the wife (ok for me) ditto the GW and the LT. I also was kinda tired of all the tupperware on the GW/LT and Vision. IMHO Mo'cycles should be steel and ya should be able to see the Mo':backinmyday: