IGNORED

Well, i gotta admit ...

Squeeze

I did stupid Things yesterday...

I took the '09 Vmax and rode to the Hockenheim Ring to go Drag Racing ...

I did four Runs on the perfect Pro-Prepared Raceway and came home safe and sound, but very exhausted. It was a very hot Day and the Line-up Organisation was not so good. I did four Runs and came out not to good.... Here are my Results ...

metric

http://wkhost.webkicks.de/squeeze/Docs/09/DragZeiten.jpg

and imperial

http://wkhost.webkicks.de/squeeze/Docs/09/Hockenheim08082009mph.jpg

I screwed up in first Run, because i realized at around 1/8 Mile, that i have some Remainder on the Throttle Grip to achieve Full Throttle. Second Runs wasn't feeling bad. My Wrist took over for a Moment in the 3rd Run because i went over a small Patch of Oil breaking the rear Tire loose for a Moment. Forth Run wasn't feeling too bad, but my Body felt exhausted and overheating, nothing special that i recall there.

Times at low 12 Seconds are whimpy seeing the Bike and what other Riders do with it in US. A Buddy of mine ran 12.0 in his first Run and continously improved to 11.007 in his 4th Run. There were probably around 2 or 3 Thousand Spectators on the Stands after noon.

It was Kind of Fun and truely a special Expirience, I'd do it again if there's a Chance. I ran Part of the Road Racer Track on the Way back to the Pits and this was Fun too. Closed Circuit with no oncoming Traffic ... I evened out the Profile of rear Tire immediately after flattening it out out at the Pre Start Burn Out.

Are you sure you weren't riding your 1st gen?!! R/T for first run is not bad, would have liked to see numbers for the 4th run. For those that don't know, here in the states a reaction time (last yellow to green light take off) of 4/100ths of a second (.040) is considered perfect, hard to achieve.

Me thinks more practice is in order, along with a clean track...........

Glad you had fun, though, thats the idea in the first place. We can run over here in Indy at O'Reilly Raceway Park where the NHRA Nationals are held every Tuesday nite for about 20 bucks. Son already wants to know when we're going out.......

I'm sure i ran my '09 :255::255::255:

My major Problem is, i can't beat my Ride from a Still Stand...

You only need to take a Look at the R/T between the 3 Runs and the 60 ft Times ... I took of like a Snail on the first two Runs. I tried to hold the Revs at 2.5 k in 3rd and at 3 k in the fourth Run. The Bike's Reaction even 3k was less than expected. This VHT Stuff gives incredible Grip.

Road Racers have a Saying "Ride it like you hate it" ....

I LOVE my Ride and it's very hard for me to rev it up to 3 k or more and drop the Clutch, even on this Purpose.

Here's my first Run ...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGmnBtrdxDk]YouTube - Hockenheimring Public Race Days Lutz VMAX 2.0[/ame]

Here are first and fourth Run from my Buddy

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlYnqleAU7g]YouTube - Hockenheimring Public Race Days Tom VMAX 2.0[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeb0fYS651E]YouTube - DSCFTomVmax4[/ame]

And here's a tremendous Engine Blow up which caused a Lenght of Waiting and me Wheel slipping ...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nefQuSFZLxI]YouTube - Public Race Days 2009 Explosion Part 1[/ame]

Wow! - I hope those times are rider error / lack of experience.

Back in 80, I had a Honda 750 Four with a 970cc kit in it and all built up for racing, it did a 10.7 1/4 mile which for the time was pretty respectable.

I always tell everyone that these new bikes would blow mine away 'straight off the dealer floor'.

What are the new V-Max's rated for on the 1/4?

Does anyone have any idea what the 1st & 2nd Gens Venture will do?

craigr

Best Time for a stock '09 with an well expirienced and jockey-Style Rider was 9.97.

Slightly improved Bike with optimized Exhaust and well expirinced Rider was 9.7something. Jay Gleason did 9.51 on a optimized Bike with a Shinko Slick on the rear.

The 'average' Vmax-Rider on a near Stock Bike does mid to low 10's ...

• 1 month later...

It sure is lots of fun!!!

I've had mine out 4 times this year and get faster and more consistant each time out. Unfortunatly i'm done for the year because of a stupid person and a golf cart which happened last friday at the track. $2300 and counting in damages.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqZy76Xq1k0]YouTube - Dragway42 ZRX1200 vs ZL1000[/ame]

In it's current configuration, The best time I have run the 1/4 mile is an 11.86 @117 MPH. The bike will run consistant low 12's but on this run "all the planets were in alignment". This was on a 1987 XVZ1300 First Gen. with 80,000 miles on it, With fairly new Dunlop EII's and on regular gas. On my very first run, I dropped the hammer and "got the hole shot" but the front end came up and I "chickened out".... and still ran a 12.33 @109 MPH.

If I would have had "the sack" not to let up I think it would have been the best run of the day. I don't drag racing often enough to be very good at it but I was shaking "like a school girl" by the end of the day.

My hat's off to you Squeeze, riding a 10 second machine..."just for fun" takes a "sack" as big as a lawn and leaf bag! :thumbsup2:

Earl

Thanks Earl, but it is really not a big Deal with the '09. I'm working on my Clutch Operation constantly, even lifted the front of the '93 on Purpose while getting off at a Light on Thursday. :whistling::whistling:

I'll have my next "Fix" on October, 18th. Got my Registration and Start Number this Week. Sadly, it's only on a small Airport, so no VHt and it will be cold and i fear the rear Wheel will just brun up instead of pushing me forward. It still will be Fun and i'll have more Time Slips available...

:bluesbrother: :bluesbrother: :bluesbrother:

It sure is lots of fun!!!

I've had mine out 4 times this year and get faster and more consistant each time out. Unfortunatly i'm done for the year because of a stupid person and a golf cart which happened last friday at the track. $2300 and counting in damages.

I'm sorry for your Crash. Hopefully your not hurt and you'll get you Damages covered along with a nice "unusable" Fee.

Drag Racing is Fun, that's for sure, but it's also "Character building". It's not nice to be confronted with your very own Shortcomings with such a blunt Fact Sheet like a Time Slip as Evidence. :crying: :crying: :crying:

I'm sorry for your Crash. Hopefully your not hurt and you'll get you Damages covered along with a nice "unusable" Fee.

Drag Racing is Fun, that's for sure, but it's also "Character building". It's not nice to be confronted with your very own Shortcomings with such a blunt Fact Sheet like a Time Slip as Evidence. :crying: :crying: :crying:

No hurt at all except the almost heart attack of witnessing a golf cart running into my parked zl. Talk about blowing a gasket!

I hear ya about the time slips! I go about 240# and am about 1 second slower than the original testing done by the magazines back when. Coming out of the hole isn't a problem though, 1.762 60' is my best so far.

A venture running 11's???? I would have to see a timeslip for that one!