IGNORED

Aug Long Weekend trip c/w some pics

SilvrT

Just wanted to share our 3 day weekend trip (Aug 1 - 3) with ya'll.

We left Vancouver around 7:45 AM headed for the Langdale ferry leaving Horseshoe Bay @ 9AM. Being that it was a long weekend, the linup for the ferrys was extremely long but around here, if you're on a scoot, you go past all the cars, campers, motorhomes, etc and get right down front. It's a "first on - first off" for bikers.

Met another couple riding an '07 RSMV from Kamloops doing the same trip. The "trip" takes us up the "Sunshine Coast" via 2 ferry rides to Powell River, across the straight on another ferry to Comox, south down Vancouver island via the "old" coast highway to Victoria and from there back to Vancouver. We took a side trip to Saltspring Island to visit with Sailor and his wife.

Those not familiar with this route can google it and take a look ... it's one of the best 2 or 3 (or more) days bike trips around here. Lots to see and do and the scenery is amazing. A word of warning tho... make hotel/motel reservations on a long weekend or you may just find yourself riding a lot further than expected (don't ask how I know this LOL).

We hooked up with Sailor mid-afternoon Sunday and after a short rest and a drink or 3 at his place, Nina & I headed down to the lake for a refreshing swim (the lake is just down the hill from Sailor's house). Then it was back to his place for more R&R, drinks, story telling, jokes and so on ending with a feast of BBQ ribs, salads, and an amazing chocolate raspberry "OMG this is so good" dessert. (it was raspberry, wasn't it? ... I think I was slightly "overserved" by that time LOL) What a host/hostess he and his wife Janet are! I just can't say enuf good words about them ... truly awesome "real" people!

Monday we headed off the island to ride out to Sooke and hook up with my nephew who was out fishing with his daughter and her boyfriend. While at it they set a crab trap and got a good mealful. Plans are to go over there for the long weekend in Sept for more fishing and partying. My nephew is sure in his glory with his new, all aluminum fishing boat.

A few pics for ya'll to check out here.... enjoy!

http://s393.photobucket.com/albums/pp16/SilvrT/Aug2009LongWeekend/?albumview=slideshow

Hope you can access these...

Great pictures! I especially like the house and the woodsy setting. BTW...Venture riders don't have large guts...We have "undeveloped muscle" or better yet. Why show off your "six pack" when we have kegs!

:big-grin-emoticon:

I have always called it the "PATIO" over the "Playground" :smile5: Makes the guys think:think::think: What???????:scratchchin::scratchchin: Then gets a good laugh :thumbsup2:when they figure out that I mean their big belly:sign20:

I have always called it the "PATIO" over the "Playground" :smile5: Makes the guys think:think::think: What???????:scratchchin::scratchchin: Then gets a good laugh :thumbsup2:when they figure out that I mean their big belly:sign20:

LMAO!!! well, at least my "patio" ain't so big (yet) that my "playground" is hidden!

:sign20:

Darn it SilvrT, now ya got me blushing. Just an ordinary day in paradise. It was double chocolate cake with blackberries cooked in red wine and cinnamon. Rob enjoyed meeting you and Nina as well.

well, goes ta show ya what being "overserved" does to the memory :rotf:... but it sure didn't affect the taste buds... man oh man that was sooooooooo good! Having Rob there sure added to the evening... you guys are sure a walking wealth of information and interesting stories.

:thumbsup2:

Great pictures! I especially like the house and the woodsy setting. BTW...Venture riders don't have large guts...We have "undeveloped muscle" or better yet. Why show off your "six pack" when we have kegs!

:big-grin-emoticon:

I like to think I'm keeping the six pack covered up...it's much easier!icon10.gif