IGNORED

Lake George Ride?

cecdoo

Looks like the weather is going to be nice for the next few days in the Lake George area, I think the wife and I are going to head up for a few days, anyone know of any nice places to stay at for $100 a nite or less, less is better. Also any nice places to eat or see. Thanks for any help. Craig

Looks like the weather is going to be nice for the next few days in the Lake George area, I think the wife and I are going to head up for a few days, anyone know of any nice places to stay at for $100 a nite or less, less is better. Also any nice places to eat or see. Thanks for any help. Craig

got to up prospect mt....its right on rt 9 south of town....so many thing to see and do.. ask any local. they love bikers...we keep that town afloat.... fort henry, great escape, wax museum, the list is endless...grandmas kitchen is a must for home cooking yum,yum....right in town ,just a little north on main drag...word of warning...nothing level in that town....watch your parking lots...they can be a b!$&h...especally with a heavy bike....your gonna have a great time...:fnd_(16)::fnd_(16):

Edited by BIG TOM

Under $100 may be hard to find this time of year, I stay in Rutland or Bennington, Vt. Just day trip over there. That or look south near Sartogar Springs. There are many rte. 9's up there, 9s, 9n,9l,9e, 9f, so pay attendtion as to which one you want. rte. 4 to Vt. is nice, rte.22 also.

Under $100 may be hard to find this time of year, I stay in Rutland or Bennington, Vt. Just day trip over there. That or look south near Sartogar Springs. There are many rte. 9's up there, 9s, 9n,9l,9e, 9f, so pay attendtion as to which one you want. rte. 4 to Vt. is nice, rte.22 also.

Thanks, yeah I mite have to look for a Mom& Pop in a small town to keep it around 100bucks, I see what you mean about all those 9s, from what I am reading 9N seems to be a nice ride. Guess we will just poke around the area. craig

Cecdoo....

Of course you want to stay on the outskirts of Lake George for cheaper accomadations. Try Bolton Landing on route 9N about 10 miles out of Lake George.

Plenty of Cabins on 9 and 9N north of Lake George.

Have a Great time and don't forget the pictures!

P.S. Don't forget Prospect Moutain...1 mile south of town.

Well worth the $7.00 State Park Fee.

You can see the entire Lake George area along with 3 States. :2143:

hey in lake george on north side of town off rt.9 behind high school . nice motel called lodi motel. i stayed there for the week of americade for 99 a night . so be cheaper now though nice people that own it

Cecdoo I stay at Carey's Lakeside Cottages in Bolton"s Landing and the prices are very reasonable. But call first(518)644 3091 Rooms range from about $90 on up there is every thing from Motel rooms to efficencies to apartments. Each room has beautiful pine wood walls with a big stone fire place . Its a great price for a lot of place. It has a beach and ski boats. its also a short walk into town for dinner if you feel like stretching the legs. There are also two or three great resturants in the village as well. If they 're Booked theres also a place up in Hague 20 miles up the road called The Trout House.(518) 543-6088 Ask for one of their Motel rooms . They're small and basic but come with a beautiful view of the lake, cable tv and air conditining. They're about the same price. Good Luck.

Cecdoo I stay at Carey's Lakeside Cottages in Bolton"s Landing and the prices are very reasonable. But call first(518)644 3091 Rooms range from about $90 on up there is every thing from Motel rooms to efficencies to apartments. Each room has beautiful pine wood walls with a big stone fire place . Its a great price for a lot of place. It has a beach and ski boats. its also a short walk into town for dinner if you feel like stretching the legs. There are also two or three great resturants in the village as well. If they 're Booked theres also a place up in Hague 20 miles up the road called The Trout House.(518) 543-6088 Ask for one of their Motel rooms . They're small and basic but come with a beautiful view of the lake, cable tv and air conditining. They're about the same price. Good Luck.

Thanks for the info Phil, I printed it out. Also we are looking forward to attending your M&E later this month.:fingers-crossed-emo Craig

We had a beautiful weekend in New England, weather and roads were awesome, unfortunately everyone else in New England had the same idea, Saratoga Springs was booked solid for horse races and shows, Lake George was jamb packed, Lake Placid was full as well. My $100 a nite plan was a pipe dream. We did have a blast and visited some great little towns, we worked our way down thru Vt, Mass, and Ct on rt 7. If anyone is going up that way I would highly recommend rt 7 for lodging and dining, lots of neat places to stay and eat. We wanted to spend some time in Hyde Park on sun. but the weather turned bad so we headed home on the highways. The bike ran flawlessly, and we were on some long lonely back roads, Thanks for all the input. Craig

Did Hyde Park area twice this year for long weekends, nice area. Rhinebeck fair grounds always has something going on for both him or her, OCC shops not far down the road, did you notice the # of old diners in area, both sides of Hudson river are nice to ride, plan on going back again.