IGNORED

Attaboy to Avon Tyre

BigBoyinMS

I've been seeing threads lately (here and on my Road Star forum) about the cracking on Avon tires. I had put Venoms on my Road Star when I first bought it (My pre-Darkside era. :) ) so I decided to take a close look at my Venoms. The front was fine but the rear had the small cracks that are parallel to and all the way around the rim. Anyway, I emailed Avon about the issue, mentioning the forums and the photos I had seen here. They ask me to take it to the dealer that I bought the tire from because they had to work through them. I rode it over at lunch one day and let the dealer look at it and gave him the Avon rep's info. As soon as I walked back in at work I had a call from the dealer. He had already called Avon and was calling to say a new tire was on the way. I checked email when I got of the phone and there was a message from the rep at Avon saying the same thing.

I had my new tire installed Friday at no charge for the tire but the dealer did charge for the install. Overall I think I came out pretty good.

Earlier this year I had my rear Venom replaced after 300 mi, same thing cracking around the bead on one side only. Date on tire was (05 08), Dealer called Avon, no questions asked. Since I removed the wheel there was no charge for R&R tire on rim.

No problems with the replacement after 5000 mi.

That is why I am an avon advocate, have always gotten good service, and the only problem I ever had, was fixed with a smile.

Before I started running ct on back I had an avon start cracking, called dealer, took him the tire, and got a new one with a come back see us again.

Gregg

Remember ride like there is no right of way on a bike.

Yeild to everything!!!!

ok guys, i see this about several products with several different problems, and don't wish to get anyones dander up....but here is my take on this avon issue, only because i had a near death experience with avon tires.

the call to the tire dealer goes like this:

hi my name is mike, i have a pos tire on my bike, i found it to be less than safe and gave big dollars for it.... i want you to put another tire on my bike at a cost to me

(mount & balance) and not charge me for the pos tire to replace the pos tire that i already paid for... this will give me a greater warmer fuzzier feeling about driving myself and my kids or wife or s/o at highway speeds untill i am fortunate enough to by chance find that the next tire does the same damn thing...

How does getting another tire for free, make anyone feel better about having a pos tire in the first place?

I had a set, put them on before a trip to the draggon i owned them 2300 miles and 5 days and will never have them again, not even for free....ok i'm done venting

i have several friends that like them just fine.

mike

I had my new tire installed Friday at no charge for the tire but the dealer did charge for the install. Overall I think I came out pretty good.

That's what happened to the first tire, but the second they picked up the cost of the install too. I suspect they would have picked up the first but I never asked...

And what is Avon going to do when someone doesn't realize their tires are cracked, and it

blows out on the road.

I heard about the cracking issues with Avons for a while now, and I heard about the chunks flying off on the Metzler's.

So I made up my mind from here on out, screw all the tire manufactures as they still don't know how to make a dam motorcycle tire yet, and I'm just riding on my rims with Dyna beads :soapbox: