IGNORED

Why do they do this...??

SilvrT

As Sylvester said early carbs mostly didn't carburate very well.Amals,Tillotsons,Linkerts,etc were all very primitive,simple and faulty.The bikes were prone to flooding,faulty ignition timing, weak spark at idle. They frequently wouldn't idle for very long,stumbled or quit during off idle acceleration.When they stopped they were hard or impossible to start.I learned to ride on these bikes and learned to blip the throttle at a stoplight so as not to be embarrassed with a balky engine.The bliping during downshifting was for synchronizing the trans gears.EArly trans didn't sync that well.We have come a long way in the last 50 years but sometimes old habits die hard and I am as guilty as anyone.Once upon a time there was good reason to work the throttle so much,:backinmyday: then but not anymore.

Yeah ! I do it and I do it for a darn good reason . And I also got LOUD pipes ! I hate them damn BOOM-BOOM jive azz ghetto vibrating sound systems which are in them petty little 'ole pregnant roller skates with a bumble bee farting in a tin can that they call a muffler .

NEED I say MORE ? :stickinouttounge:

BEER30

from the sound of it, I thought, you were from South Florida

Quote:

Originally Posted by BEER30 viewpost.gif

Yeah ! I do it and I do it for a darn good reason . And I also got LOUD pipes ! I hate them damn BOOM-BOOM jive azz ghetto vibrating sound systems which are in them petty little 'ole pregnant roller skates with a bumble bee farting in a tin can that they call a muffler .

NEED I say MORE ? :stickinouttounge:

BEER30

from the sound of it, I thought, you were from South Florida

Brake Pad , It's a Pandemic spreading .........they are everywhere !

I saw a HD pull beside one the other day . It took more effort for that HD rider to hold his bike together from rattling apart . More than the typical effort that one HD rider does for normal vibration affects . You almost would have had pitty on that poor sole because his scoot was not self inflicted this go around !

BEER30

Why do some riders "bleep" the throttle (quick snaps of the wrist... "blatt blatt blatt") when sitting at a stop light -or- when starting to take off -or- when slowing down to a stop (not changing gears) -or- when slowly moving forward in stop & go traffic, etc etc???

I see no real purpose for this at all...maybe someone can educate me here. Or are these riders just not "educated" about this....what do they feel is being accomplished???

:think: :think: :think:

I do it because the pre-Honda-era bikes I owned in my youth weren't dependable enough to trust that they would keep running at "idle throttle position." (You remember them, the ones you rode 1 day and tweaked 3 so you could ride 1 more) I wanted to know the engine wasn't dying at an intersection, or especially when negotiating a tight/slow turn.

As for drawing attention, I'm way past that point in my life--don't give a damn who looks/or doesn't look and go "ouuuuhhhhhh."

Your question makes me realize I don't really need to do it any longer, but I'm sure I'll keep it up--and, no, I don't own stock in an oil company.

EDIT: What Sylvester and Pegasus said--I didn't see their responses until just a minute ago.

Edited by noahzark

when you guys with lots of time on your hands are done with this one.....you can come up with answers for my question...

why do some people whistle tunes ?? :confused07:

and dont expect responses from me...'cause i am going out riding my bike....and maybe i will snap my throttle at the lights while waiting for them to turn green. :whistling:

Or, if their bike is as smooth and quiet as mine, maybe they do it just to make sure the engine is still running... :duck:

Oh wait, I forgot, mine doesn't need to be running when it's :mytruck: (Beat yah too it Rocket) :rotfl:

Have you even ridden it, since last years PIP (the short test run, after carb sync)??????

Or are we going to mega dose, it with seafoam..........:stirthepot:

when you guys with lots of time on your hands are done with this one.....you can come up with answers for my question...

why do some people whistle tunes ?? :confused07:

and dont expect responses from me...'cause i am going out riding my bike....and maybe i will snap my throttle at the lights while waiting for them to turn green. :whistling:

better yet... why do some people whistle non-tunes ??

in other words, they're just whistlin but it ain't no tune nobody never heerd!

:rotf:

If I'm sitting at the lights in a muti-laned road, I usually give the throttle a little rap as the cross traffic lights change to amber preceeding the red, to let the other guys know that I'm going to move off first.

i.e. - EAT MY DUST!

BTW - I run Sampson slash cut pipes. Verra nice!

Next time you see one doing this as (s)he is parking ask "hows that reverse gear working for you"? Of course they'll answer "what reverse"?, and you reply with, "Oh I thought you had reverse and had to keep gassing it to keep from stalling it and falling over"

I have done it on purpose just before going through an intersection in fast heavy traffic. It would be the same attitude as an aircraft doing a run up before take off. I want to be sure its firing on all four and good to go. (Cases where you cannot afford a sputter).

Anything else would be a through back to the cruddy carberated vehicles I have driven.. and still own.:doh: