IGNORED

I got a interveiw on the 19th

clay18

I got a call today i have a interview with Henry County Sheriff's department, any point's I need to hit on going in there. I will be in my work uniform going into the place and its a security job and it does look like a sheriff's uniform.:banana::banana:

Hey man, don't tell them all that stuff you told me at Vogel, about wanting to go to New Orleans after Katrina and take care of all the riff raff. Just be up front, look at them in the eye and in a firm voice tell the truth. The times I have set on our employment board that is what we looked for the most. Even if you have had any bad things in your background they usually know about it if they did a good background check and a polygraph. Good luck man, we need good guys in the profession. Lyle

I couldnt have said it better myself..............

And dont let them know about your fishing on the job, that wouldnt be very good................

Wish you well on the interview, Clay. But if you need a character reference you might want to NOT consider Muffinman....even though they may have his pic on display..:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::rotf::rotf::rotf:

I am not a police officer, but a corrections officer. I do know several police officers and a couple of people who wanted to be but got cut out.

Know why they got cut for the most part?

They lied..plain and simple white lies about old friends and some of the things we have all done as "kids".

As mentioned, with a good check, and it should be, they will know or find out.

Ya cant beat the poly either....ok, perhaps the odd true nutball can...but most get tripped up. Never have to worry about what ya said 30 questions ago if ya told the truth in the first place.

I wish you good luck.....you have always sounded like an outstanding person who continues wanting to serve. Good on ya.

Guest john castaldi

I do a lot of interviewing..... First, I would not wear a security uniform to a sheriff's interview. You could run the risk of looking like a wannabee. Shirt and tie, no jacket.

just my $.02

I do a lot of interviewing..... First, I would not wear a security uniform to a sheriff's interview. You could run the risk of looking like a wannabee. Shirt and tie, no jacket.

just my $.02

Ditto, I work for an SO and would advise wearing a suit, at a minimum a tie. They want to see than you can clean up when needed.

As stated before, don't lie about anything, tell the truth (but don't volunteer too much either).

Most of all GOOD LUCK!

Ditto, I work for an SO and would advise wearing a suit, at a minimum a tie. They want to see than you can clean up when needed.

As stated before, don't lie about anything, tell the truth (but don't volunteer too much either).

Most of all GOOD LUCK!

Clean up I took a shower on the way to the rally :rotf: :cool10:

Get a good nights sleep. Get a haircut. Suit and tie......tie a minimum. Decent shoes. No tennis shoes. if your shoes can be shined, shine them. Be outgoing, smile, even though your nervous. Shake hands with the members of the interview panel. Sit up straight. Feet on the floor. Profess your willingness to learn, your positive outlook. Lots of energy to do what it takes. Don't get too personal. Be prepared "Name something good about you and one bad thing about you" or "tell us about something that didn't go right and how you'd do it differently". Be familiar with the county, their administrative staff. Be prepared "why should we hire you over someone else".

Good Luck!!!!!!

Erns

• First - Best of luck.
  • Second - remember what you learned while in the service... be confident but not cockey.
  • Third - I agree with the others - clean, honest and eye contact. Not so much you're staring them down, but when you're talking - look at eyes, not ceilings or floors.
  • Finally - Good Luck again!