IGNORED

Cyclops-looking Headlight

SilvrT

Ever think that chrome headlight shroud gives your 2nd gen a "cyclops" look? Here's a couple pics of mine I "cleaned up" (rather quickly) .... looks a whole lot cleaner to me now.

I was contemplating getting a second chrome shroud and painting it to match the scoot just up to the forward edge and wondered what it would look like. I think I like it!

3rd pic of course is the stock one.

Not ready to paint mine yet.

Joe

Me neither ... but if I had a second shroud, I would, just to see how it would really look. Also think it would be kinda neat if a guy could go one step further and come up with a "frenched-in" look.

Heck, might as well go all out and modify the fairing to incorporate driving lamps (aka passing lamps) ... geeeesh ... it would almost look like the new Kaw Voyager then! LOL

My biggest turn off on the G2's is the front fairing, I still dont like how it looks. The only saving grace is that when you add the driving lights on it, changes the whole look of the front end

:happy34:

Interesting comment as I am not totally sold on the added driving lights (passing lights) that most put on... to me they don't seem to belong with that particular fairing (like they do on the Harley). Having said that tho, I like the fairing of the G2 and I think I even like it more with the change in the headlight shroud ... it looks much more streamlined (to me).

I have a black one if you want to try it and a black wind screen trim to

Thanks for the offer but I would still want the chrome part from the edge in towards the headlight.

Here's a pic of what one might look like with the driving lamps installed.

Guest tx2sturgis

Looks good to me!!! I blacked out those clear lowers that hang just under the fairing...I think it cleaned up the underside of my black fairing. I used black paint on the insides, and its holding up pretty well...even if it didnt, I could always order new ones..

I used the smaller kuryakyn bullets on mine, instead of the normal 4 inch passing lites...I like those a lot. I wonder if you'd repost my pic with the chrome headlite ring blacked out? I might like that TOO much!

Guest tx2sturgis
here ya go but the pic is so small it was hard to do a decent job... maybe email me an original file that is bigger and I can send a copy back to ya.

Hmmm...when i try to click it wont let me...so im thinking you photoshopped the thumbnail and not the actual image, which is much bigger...same size as yours more or less...

Now dude, i never meant for you to try photoshopping postage stamp size thumbnails...you think i'd do that to you?

:innocent-emoticon:

Hey KevinsDa1 this is a pretty good oppurtunity to show off your windshield trim. I know you are pretty shy but c'mon. (Insert snicker here.) Kevin had his trim painted to match the top of his 09 and it's sharp! Sharp enuf to make me want it. So come on out of your shell Kevin and tell the nice people about it. :stickpoke: P.S. Really enjoyed picking on you bud, and looking forward to seeing you again. Your a blast to hang out with. Dan

Hmmm...when i try to click it wont let me...so im thinking you photoshopped the thumbnail and not the actual image, which is much bigger...same size as yours more or less...

Now dude, i never meant for you to try photoshopping postage stamp size thumbnails...you think i'd do that to you?

:innocent-emoticon:

Well, I right-clicked it and chose Save Picture as... and I got whut I got .. a small pic LOL Send me the full-size one and I'll make a new bike for ya.

Nevermind... I got the BIG ONE now... LOL Sorry, edges are a bit rough.

First pic is blacked to the edge of the ring.. second is blacked to the inside (edge of headlight)

Edited by SilvrT

I would not be painting mine as I am not to fussy on it all black sort of looks like a cone. I agree with the passing lights make the second gen look alot better, but I still like the eyebrows .

Brad