IGNORED

Metzler tire info........

BoomerCPO

TIRE RECALL

NHTSA Campaign ID Number: 09T003

Pirelli Tire, LLC is recalling certain Metzeler ME880 Marathon motorcycle tires, sizes 13/90 B16 M/C TL 73H and 140/90 B16 M/C TL 77H, manufactured between June 22 and September 13, 2008. These tires were stamped with incorrect load range and inflation pressure information which fails to conform to the labeling requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 119, "New Pneumatic Tires for Motor Vehicles with a GVWR of more than 4,536 kilograms (10,000 pounds) and Motorcycles." The purpose of this standard is to provide safe operational performance levels. Metzeler will notify owners and replace the noncompliant tires free of charge. The recall began on November 18, 2008. Owners may contact Metzeler Consumer Affairs at 1-877-202-4993. For more information for this particular recall, please refer to 09T003.

Now there is the government at work for you.

People have been having trouble with the tread de-laminating on these tires, but no one is interested in that.

But screw up the government mandated label and the feds are all over it.

Now there is the government at work for you.

People have been having trouble with the tread de-laminating on these tires, but no one is interested in that.

But screw up the government mandated label and the feds are all over it.

Not that I would ever own another Metzler but if in fact the label is wrong about mgw and tire pressure that would be a BIG reason for the tread coming off and quit possibly how they found the mis-label. Just my 2 cents.

I have an almost brand new one laying around but since I took it off about this time last year it probably wasn't manufactured in that time period. Using it to hold trailer tongue off the ground right now. About all its good for.

I can burn about anything up in a couple months