IGNORED

met up with a few ventureriders tonight

mother

i think it was father and daughter ride night. i went up to Hagens restaurant for their thursday night bike ride in with my daughter. who shows up but TFD69 in between one of his many rides, showed up with his daughter also. then who rolls in but Chubaka, i mean Chubicheka, great to see you again. then there are a couple of 1st gens that roll in, a gold 85 and a black 83. i gave the father and son the web site and hope to see them on here. there were also a couple of v-maxxes and i was suprised how well we got along and had many things to talk about. great night, great food, hope all got home okay. cheers, Scott

it is close Port Perry, hwy 7 and hwy 12. next week is their last week for the season. they had 1300 bikes last week. there are 50/50 draws, prize giveaways (this week was head bandanas and free tickets to mosport race this weekend), live music, great food, vendor selling t-shirts, 3 harley dealers with wares for sale. there was a 1936 bmw there, a few victorys, one 2nd gen with a scratched up fairing, and whole bunch of beautiful 1st gens.

So where is Hagens?

" haugens BBQ" is a restaurant near port perry on hwy 12 north of whitby about 15 to 20 kms north of 401, carl.

throughout summer they have motorcycle cruise nights every thursdays and antique car cruise nights every wednesdays....in evenings from 5pm approx to 9 pm or so. on good days as many as a 1000 motorbikes show up....with their riders, ofcourse.:). the place is famous for bbq chicken....and they have a huge yard ( compound), to accomodate the number of vehicles that show up. couple of bike stores have booths set up too with accessories etc. and they have a DJ there too, keeping people entertained. the big night was last thursday and they had a live band performing. unfortunately next week ( thursday) is the last cruise night for this year.

was nice to meet scott ( mother) and his daughter...sorry but am terrible at remembering names..and stephen ( tfd 69)and his daughter too. used to bump into run n bare there too, once in a while, but havent seen him for a while.

oh...carl...you mentioned somewhere in another thread that "mother" was coming to ft. erie...but i am sure he did say to me that he wasnt going to be going to ft erie, since he was commited elsewhere...( FYI).

i might show up, though. dont tell me i didnt warn you.:dancefool:

i think it was father and daughter ride night. i went up to Hagens restaurant for their thursday night bike ride in with my daughter. who shows up but TFD69 in between one of his many rides, showed up with his daughter also. then who rolls in but Chubaka, i mean Chubicheka, great to see you again.

jeez, and no one calls me!!

i only have your girlfreinds number?

it wasnt planned, dave ( swifty). it was just a coincidence that we all bumped into each other there. but then again....if i had a daughter with me.....hmmm...i wouldnt call you anyway.:no-no-no:

:sign20: Dave do you have a reputation or what ?

BRad

well, if next thursday is their last night of the year...I think us ventureriders should show up enmasse and shut the event down right.

hey....i will be there for sure.....well....if the weather cooperates.:confused24:

if you show up, swifty....the bbq chicken and A beer's on me. should be fun.:cool10::cool10::cool10:

oh...and bring along bradT. then we can make HIM foot the bill.

hey....i will be there for sure.....well....if the weather cooperates.:confused24:

if you show up, swifty....the bbq chicken and A beer's on me. should be fun.:cool10::cool10::cool10:

oh...and bring along bradT. then we can make HIM foot the bill.

Thanks a lot Buddy. INvite me to pay the bill. Sorry to dissapoint yah, have to stay home to take of Rhonda.

Brad

Oh the hind sight of it all! The humanity! Just think, if we had thought to let the rest of our venture riders in on the Haugen secret at the beginning rather than the end of the summer oh what fun we could have had. The stories we could have told. Well they will have to wait till next year. Give me time to paint a scratch and others to experiment with plastix.

Oh and my Mother always said "A scratch is just a scratch but gapping holes may require a medic... oh medic..has anyone seen the 1st gen medic:rotf::rotfl::rotf::rotfl::rotf::rotfl::rotf::rotfl:

Plastex will be in stock on tuesday, Relic you were right, web site tells you what store to go to, you go to the store and they do not have a clue what you are talking about, give them a product number and they look it up and magic, they do carry it.