wkoepke

KevinsDa1

Calperin

Flyinfool

IH Truck Guy

jarrejx and Winger friend

YamaQman

Maybe:

Starbog (need to get this confirmed so I can get some Heiny's in the fridge)

easu1 + wife

minnmac

renate

Now, I need to know - when everyone is coming in. Friday night or Saturday. And how long would you like to stay.

I am open all weekend. Just want to plan for meals and beer. Also, if there are just a few coming in Friday night, we might be able to head over to the fairgrounds and watch The Guess Who in concert. We can all fit in the Suburban so no concerns about drinking and riding (or riding around bunches of folks that have been drinking).

I figure Saturday night will be the venison keilbasa night along with sitting around the fire and swapping lies.

Also, would be helpful to know desired sleeping arrangements. Tent, couch, or hotel. We have 4 couches that are long enough for most anyone. 2 more that would accommodate those that are vertically challenged. Lots of floor space too. Plenty of room for tents (and have 1 tent here to set up if you don't want to drag yours along).

Let me know.

RR

Edited by RedRider

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there saturday sometime. Guy who is supposed to have cut my tree down didn't show until 3:20 this afternoon thus not able to finish the job today/night! So if he can't get here wed. or friday the it will have to be saturday. Supposed to be about two hours left on the job so... I'm trying to save money by helping. But I gaurantee I'll be there on saturday come heck or high water! Just not sure when. Won't be staying the night since I live so close I'll just hammer home after having a few soda's with the group and hopefully we'll fit in a carb synch too. Looking forward to putting names and faces together. Got a memory like a crack addict though so don't be offended if I gotta ask more than once! Directions will be posted? Thanks

RR...I was hoping to make the same offer you made for my get together (a lift, tools, etc)....but just back from 10 days vacation in the PdC WI/McGregor IA area with the bike and camper, and next weekend is already booked for another riding get together in Ripon. You all have a good time!

Curt

Address: N5552 Rademann Drive, Fond du Lac

Directions: No matter where you come in from, you will need to ride on 151. Be careful of your speed on this highway. It is patrolled heavily. Don't go over 60 on this 55 MPH road.

From the Nort' - 41 South to 151 bypass on the south side of FDL. Head East on 151. Take Cty Rd V South (BP station on North side). Take an immediate left on Reinhart Rd - it is 35 MPH on this road and the Sheriff checks occasionally. Watch for deer on this road. Take the first left (approx. 1 mi.) on Rademann Drive. 4th house on the left (brick farmhouse).

From the Sout' (and you Flatlanders): 41N to 151 bypass. Head East on 151 and follow the directions above.

From the East (Sheboygan area): Head West on 23 to 151 bypass South (just past the Hospital). 151 will bend to be heading West. Head South to Hwy 45 towards Eden (don't think Eden is marked on the road). 2nd right is Cty Rd K. You can only turn right. Go to the top of the hill and turn right on Rademann. 2nd house on the right.

From the West (Madison): Head East on 151 or 23 depending on where you are coming from. If on 151, continue past Hwy 41 to Cty Rd V. Follow directions above. If on Hwy 23, take it until you reach Hwy 41. Go South on 41. Follow directions for coming from the Nort'.

My cell number is in my profile. Almost always have it on me.

As for tools, I think I have it covered. We will have 2 CarbTunes, so an additional long screwdriver may be helpful. If anyone has a tach, it might be nice.

My thoughts on a schedule:

If anyone is coming in Friday night - we may head over and watch The Guess Who.

Saturday morning: about 8:00, head out for a breakfast ride to the Mine Shaft in Hartland. Back about 10:30 or so. Maintenance until 3:00 or until we are done. Ride for a couple of hours thru the Kettle Morraine area with a stop for ice cream. Back to the house for Venison Keilbasa and beer. Sit around the deck and try to finish off the PBR.

Sunday morning: Head out for a morning ride throught the Holylands for breakfast in Valders. Back to the house and finish up any maintenance items left.

Does anyone want to see a clutch being done (My bike doesn't need it, but it is easy enough to take it apart and put it back together again to show the procedure). Splitting the faring and greasing the plugs? Installation of a Stebel horn? Review the ignition switch bypass? Plugging a tire? Other procedures?

I wish we had Goose coming so he could show us the float adjustment. I will be doing this over the winter and maybe could show it next year (if it isn't too much of a hassle).

In the process of cleaning out the garage, epoxy painting the floor, and cleaning the workshop. Not sure how the house will look, but the mancave will be ready.

FYI: You will probably be greeted by Gilbert - large St. Bernard. His size may be intimidating, but he is very friendly.

RR

Hey,

Is somebody from Michigan going to this one?

I would like to make the trip going through the Ferry on Muskeegon in order to make it a little less painfull to my back.

I think that roundtrip will be about 230$.

Any one wants to do it?

Regards,

calperin

Hey,

Is somebody from Michigan going to this one?

I would like to make the trip going through the Ferry on Muskeegon in order to make it a little less painfull to my back.

I think that roundtrip will be about 230$.

Any one wants to do it?

Regards,

calperin

Just received an update from the Lake Express this morning that they are having a round trip fare sale. Not a huge savings, but it looks like a round trip with M'cycle would be $220 (including the $5 each way fuel surcharge - if still in effect).

Assuming no traffic difficulties, it is an easy 1.5 hour ride to my house from the ferry dock.

Would love to have you here and to meet some of our Wolverine friends.

RR

Actually if we had time I would like to split my fairing. The chrome trim doesn't fit tight and I may have to fix the tabs if broken and it would be good to open it up once with help. Do you mind if I bring my brother along? He's currently riding a road star but would have bought a Venture this weekend if the dealer would have taken him seriously. No kidding he test rode a 03? midnight saturday with 39000 miles but said he'd rather have new. So we head down to oshkosh and they have an new 07 on the floor the same as mine. But outside the owner has the new red/black he's riding as his demo for the season. I said "How you gonna sell that bike with that coating of bugs a half inch thick?" He said I don't want to sell it I want to ride it! Then he jokingly said your moneys not green enuf for me. He is a friend of mine so I knew it was just ball busting. But my brother like me is a spur of the moment guy and he wasn't gonna wait for them to find one. We went riding and he decided he should go consider the streetglide so I may have lost him. LOL But we could tackle him and beat some sense into him like when we kids!!:stickpoke:

I will be able to arrive on Friday night. Whats the best time to get there? And do I need to bring anything other than my tent and sleeping bag?

Kevin

Kevin,

Might want to get here by 6 or 7. Depending on how many are coming in Friday night, we may hang around and drink beer or head to the Guess Who concert and drink beer. I'm pretty easy either way. If you are going to be later than that, it's OK too. Just let me know.

Don't need anything else but your toothbrush.

RR

Actually if we had time I would like to split my fairing. The chrome trim doesn't fit tight and I may have to fix the tabs if broken and it would be good to open it up once with help. Do you mind if I bring my brother along? He's currently riding a road star but would have bought a Venture this weekend if the dealer would have taken him seriously. No kidding he test rode a 03? midnight saturday with 39000 miles but said he'd rather have new. So we head down to oshkosh and they have an new 07 on the floor the same as mine. But outside the owner has the new red/black he's riding as his demo for the season. I said "How you gonna sell that bike with that coating of bugs a half inch thick?" He said I don't want to sell it I want to ride it! Then he jokingly said your moneys not green enuf for me. He is a friend of mine so I knew it was just ball busting. But my brother like me is a spur of the moment guy and he wasn't gonna wait for them to find one. We went riding and he decided he should go consider the streetglide so I may have lost him. LOL But we could tackle him and beat some sense into him like when we kids!!:stickpoke:

Yup, bring him along. We can split the faring and whatever else.

RR

no guarantees but me and renate might be able to find our way across wisconsin on sat. if it works out anybody be around mid morning?

Will probly do a short breakfast run in the morning, but expect to be back and wrenching by 10 or so.

RR

put me and the mrs and daughter on the maybe list.

we would come up in the am saturday and leave pm saturday.

trying to get a few thing in order, to make the trip.

mike.

Uh-oh - will I need to lock up my 15, 18, and 20 year old sons - all good looking and smart - just like Dad?:smile5:

RR

Uh-oh - will I need to lock up my 15, 18, and 20 year old sons - all good looking and smart - just like Dad?:smile5:

RR

might be a good idea.... the wife is such an animal!!:15_9_28[1]:

the 18 year old daughter is staying at home:innocent:,

but the 9 year old still thinks all boys have cooties!!:rotfl:

might be a good idea.... the wife is such an animal!! I hope she doesn't mind being in the midst of a testosterone-fest. She may be the only civilizing influence in the area all weekend.:15_9_28[1]:

the 18 year old daughter is staying at home:innocent:, PARTY at eusa1's house!!!

but the 9 year old still thinks all boys have cooties!!:rotfl: Try to keep it that way as long as possible.

Look forward to meeting you and your wife this weekend.

RR

Some years ago I picked up a pair of air horn from Harbor Frieght and still have not installed them. I may bring them along and see if I can get some insights on where & how to put them on the bike. My bride wanted to go for a ride this weekend anyway - this summer is getting away from us way too fast. We'll try to be there mid-morning on Sat.

I'm going to try to make it up there on Saturday morning.

I will not be staying overnight.

The beer is safe from me, I have a violent allergy to beer (the hops) including anything cooked in or with it.

I've never done a carb sync on anything. I would like to see/get that done.

I can bring some more venison polish sausage if you think you might need it.

I'll also bring the wimpy stuff that I have to drink instead of beer.

I've never been to a gathering of bikes before, I'm looking forward to meeting some of you. If it is permissible at a veture MD, I may get a follower on a HD.

It seems that I'll do the trip alone. So being that way, may be I'll rent a trailer and get there on my Trailblazer that will be Southfield, Chicago, Milkwakee, Fond du Lac.

Any recomendations about hotels? I'll plan to be there Friday night, and leave Sunday at noon.

Thanks,

Carlos

I'm going to try to make it up there on Saturday morning.

I will not be staying overnight.

The beer is safe from me, I have a violent allergy to beer (the hops) including anything cooked in or with it.

I've never done a carb sync on anything. I would like to see/get that done.

I can bring some more venison polish sausage if you think you might need it.

I'll also bring the wimpy stuff that I have to drink instead of beer.

I've never been to a gathering of bikes before, I'm looking forward to meeting some of you. If it is permissible at a veture MD, I may get a follower on a HD.

You friend is always welcome - even on Milwaukee Iron. Thanks for the warning about the beer allergy (that would really suck). I usually precook the sausages in beer, but will make sure to quanantine a few (and keep them well marked) if I precook them.

Depending on what you like to drink, I may have it here are can get some. What is your beverage preferrance?

RR

Area Motels:

Comfort Inn & Suites 920/924-8800

Holiday Inn 920/923-1440

Microtel Inn and Suites 920/929-4000

Ramada Plaze Hotel 920/923-4000

All are easy to get to off Hwy 41. The Ramada is downtown FDL and would not be a good place with a trailer (you can leave the trailer at my house if you would like to stay at the Ramada).

There are also a couple of nice B&Bs in town. Let me know if you would like me to check these for availability.

RR