The list specifies the Venture, but probably just means the 2nd Gens. It also says:

Any motorcycle will work with no adapters as long as the motorcycle is able to rest on the lift arms of the jack without obstructions. For example exhaust or engine parts

1st Genners need not apply... lol

Why do you say the Pitbull is much better built? Just wondering...

Also, the J&S people say we don't need one for an RSV with their lift, but I thought we needed an adapter with any of the lifts.

Here is a much better built jack, with a wider stance. I used one to change the tires on my 1st gen.

www.pitbullmotorcyclelifts.com

Just look at them both and you will see.

I used to work for them, and I've seen most of the competitions' lifts. The Pitbull is the strongest lift on the market. I have built several, and I know the pains they take to make sure it's built right. Lifetime warranty too.

The J&S jack website states that an adapter is not needed for the Venture and I actually talked to the owner as well via phone on July 4th. However, they only give a 1 year warranty on the bottle jack. The pitbull jack looks very sturdy and wide. I just sent an email inquiry whether the Venture will require an adapter to lift...or I may just use my Carbon One jack adapter and use the Pitbull...still deciding right now. When I get a response from Pitbull, I'll post it here.

• 7 months later...

Just bought a pitbull lift and turntable...

now I wonder if the turntable will work on my 08 RSV.

Can anyone help?

I was at the IMS this weekend in Chicago and they had a pretty decent discount- plus NO SHIPPING :)

also bought the adapters and realize the turntable doesn't require them.

One other question-- where are the jack-points? I don't wanna screw up the bike by lifting it :|

Thanks in advance

Just look at them both and you will see.

I used to work for them, and I've seen most of the competitions' lifts. The Pitbull is the strongest lift on the market. I have built several, and I know the pains they take to make sure it's built right. Lifetime warranty too.

Do you know if they are sold in Canada? Anytime we want to find anything like this we end up paying twice the price on shipping and custom charges alone.. sigh

Can anyone help?

I was at the IMS this weekend in Chicago and they had a pretty decent discount- plus NO SHIPPING :)

One other question-- where are the jack-points? I don't wanna screw up the bike by lifting it :|

Thanks in advance

I'll be talking to the owner tonight, and I'll see what's required. I have my bike for him to take measurements from now, so we will get something worked out. He is leaving for Daytona tomorrow.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

He said you bought it for your other bike. The turntable won't work for the Venture, unless you shim it up to where the table only catches the frame. That would work, but if I were you, I would use the tie down points, and strap it down also. When I talk to him again, I'll find out more about the adapter for the Venture.

Well, someone who had just bought one was emailing him with some questions. I guess they had a Harley AND a Venture.

Yes, we are working on crafting an adapter for the Venture. Probably won't happen until he gets back from Daytona.

The turntable only works with certain Harleys right now. I think it's for the Dynas. Those are what he designed it for.

Seaking...

He does have a dealer in Canada. I will find out who and where when he gets back to his office, and can look it up.

Sweet, many thanks.. Its a pain around here to find a proper bike lift.. the more popular ones from Canadian Tire were redesigned so that the arms are exactly an inch shorter which makes it now very dangerous to lift a Venture up, even using the Carbon One adapter. Additionally, one the older model jack that I have, when I have the bike up high enough to work on it, it will rock end to end making me nervous working under the bike.. So I bolt on the legs to the Carbon One adapter.

If these guys make this lift with a built in adapter (removable) for the Venture, I'm game to try it out. I have two bikes in the garage up on jacks and stand right now..

Drop me a line when he gets back..

Cheers!

Well, someone who had just bought one was emailing him with some questions. I guess they had a Harley AND a Venture.

Yes, we are working on crafting an adapter for the Venture. Probably won't happen until he gets back from Daytona.

The turntable only works with certain Harleys right now. I think it's for the Dynas. Those are what he designed it for.

I greatly appreciate your insight!

When you say you're working on an adapter- I assume it's the one I ordered (or are you talking about an adapter for the turntable use with the Venture??):think:

THanks again!

I have both a piybull and a Craftsman. While the pitbull has a broader, lower stance and both my Venture (with adaptor) and HD are very stable on it. The only drawback on the pitbull to me is the release. It has to be turned my hand wheres the Craftsman has a foot release. Not a really big deal. Also, the footpump is attached with a spring amd this can get get sloppy while trying to raise it. Its still a high quality jack. It does raise the bike a couple inches highr than the craftsman.

My next toy will be a full motorcycle lift :missingtooth:

You could cut two notches in the bottom of your t-handle to be able to turn the release without bending over.

The springs get stretched out after a while, and it's a good idea to put a new one on now and then...in my opinion.

They also make an air lift, but...:mo money:

Well, I've had my 1st interaction with PitBullMotorcycleLifts...

and all I can say it THEY'RE AWESOME!

I had purchased the turntable option for my new lift and then found that it won't work with my RSV. I am pleased to say they not only took a return for it, but THEY paid for shipping!

Sweet!

I'm still waiting for the adapters but they said it'd be a few days.