IGNORED

06 Venture with a BANG! and a shriek...

All this talk about corvairs and nobody mentioned the dreaded "Blow by" I used to have to clamp a rubber plug in the dipstick hole to keep oil from spraying all over the place, those were the good old daze:crackup: craig

Dang - we need two new sections here.

Funny Back fire stories - Most the office is wondering what I'm laughing about (combine story)

VR Members that used to be Corvair owners - Who knew there were so many of us? I guess it's because we don't drive the popular vehicles.

:beer:

You can add me to the list of Corvair owners. I don't remember for sure but I THINK it was a '62 model. Plain Jane....4 door. Used it for a work car because I didn't like parking my new Chevelle SS at the construction site where I was working at the time. :)

To answer a few questions, such as "how many times can you do a premeditated backfire before causing damage to the pipes"?

The answer is around 6 instances lol.. I now have a little 'rattle' going on from one of the pipes.. You can hear it, doesn't sound too annoying considering the whine of the engine on top of that.. So yeah.. excessive backfires will damage a HD Roadking slip on muffler.. Good thing I didn't pay much for them.. and I have someone sending me a new pair for free since I'd done him a favour in the past.. nice friends eh? But before changing these out, I'm going to try to get a film vid of them going BANG as apparently the long blue flame coming out of them is impressive at dusk lol..

I'll let you know..

Cheers!

Yep me too... Corvair.. Corsa with 4 carbs & 4 spd Stick. Was a quick little puppy. Had lots of fun with that car. Lots of traction. Fun to race with because of the weight in the back it took off instead of smoking the tires. Surprised lots of people. :rotf:

One time was racing a Cougar and had him beat too but all my idiot lights came on. Had to stop and pull over. Wait for it to cool down and put the fan belt back on.

Yep those were the days.. lots of fun. Pretty stupid too but hey...

Wayne

Yep me too... Corvair.. Corsa with 4 carbs & 4 spd Stick. Was a quick little puppy. Had lots of fun with that car. Lots of traction. Fun to race with because of the weight in the back it took off instead of smoking the tires. Surprised lots of people. :rotf:

One time was racing a Cougar and had him beat too but all my idiot lights came on. Had to stop and pull over. Wait for it to cool down and put the fan belt back on.

Yep those were the days.. lots of fun. Pretty stupid too but hey...

Wayne

That darn fan belt - I kept a spare one with me at all times.

Just a quick note -- -i did this (flicking the kill switch) often on my V*1100.

I quit right after it blew the carbs out of the rubber mounts.

bike ran like crap - with a huge vacumn leak - until i re-seated the carbs.

i no longer fiddle with the kill switch :scratchchin:

Just a quick note -- -i did this (flicking the kill switch) often on my V*1100.

I quit right after it blew the carbs out of the rubber mounts.

bike ran like crap - with a huge vacumn leak - until i re-seated the carbs.

i no longer fiddle with the kill switch :scratchchin:

HA, had THAT happen to my VStar as well.. I had the Chubby Air filters on (round K&N filters directly on top).. couldn't figure out what had happened until I sorted it out..

I ended up having to use the special BANG feature of the bike today on a road trip..

A cager decided to play silly bugger with us on the open highway.. playing the matching speeds game to annoy us.. until I hit the kill switch.. BANG.. he wasn't around much longer.. scared the beggesus out of him..

Corvair motor four carbs & trans in my shed now, was for a project that is no longer mentioned in my house anyone willing to pay scrap price can pick it up as long as it doesn't get scrapped (and nobody mentions kit-car nobody gets hurt ):ignore: