Okay since I'm laid-off now i finally have time to work on the bike. Got busy today and so far have the motor pulled out of the bike and waiting for help to put it on the work bench. bad part about being laidoff is all your help is working for money when you try and get them to help.

Anyhow sofar no signs of cracks in the case but the drive shaft appears bent and the output shaft of the motor has broken off. Not sur what thi means for what i might find inside the motor but has me hopeing i can repair and not have to part out

I really do hope yopui can fix it but if you decide to part it out let me know, I would like a chance to purchase the cdi/tci box. Again hope it is a fixable thing. These are grat bikes and I would hate to have to see another one taken apart.

Good luck,

David

hey matt ,just talked to muffinman and he said to get intouch with him and he has all the parts you would need for your bike. Get in touch with muffinman real quick as he is headed to iraq on the 15 th of july. Hope thgis helps. Jeff said to pm him prety quick.

David

Before you split the case, look at the damper cam (right behind the case half of the middle gear) and see if it's split. That is the case with Big Dudes bike, we're working on a fix now. It also could be that all is fine inside the case and you won't have to tear it down.

Dan

No second gear issue here. I have a 90 now just forgot to update my bike on here, looks like my only problem is the shaft off the pinon gear broke and i have muffinman sending me one he has on monday. i didn't have to split the case but i will have to find new gaskets for all the side covers and a new u-joint. otherwise its looking like i just might get to ride this summer after all.

Okay since I'm laid-off now i finally have time to work on the bike. Got busy today and so far have the motor pulled out of the bike and waiting for help to put it on the work bench. bad part about being laidoff is all your help is working for money when you try and get them to help.

Anyhow sofar no signs of cracks in the case but the drive shaft appears bent and the output shaft of the motor has broken off. Not sur what thi means for what i might find inside the motor but has me hopeing i can repair and not have to part out

I am sorry to hear that youre having issues with your bike. My 85 broke the output shaft last summer and I thought I was going ot have to part out the bike, but Rocket rebuilt it for me.

Rocket is a great help and I am sure if you have any questions and concerns you could PM him or call him and he could walk you thru the gotchas that always crop up.

Brian

Matt, Check out Flatout Motorcycles.. http://www.flatoutmotorcycles.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?category=Motorcycles&make=Yamaha&year=1989&fveh=327

Alot of us here use them for parts as they have some of the best prices around. You can also contact Buckeye Proformance... http://www.buckeyeperformance.com/index.html

Rick Butler would be more then happy to help you also and he is a member here too.

If you need some help, let me know and I will see what I can do.

Rick F.

Well I finnally got the grease and grime of the last 20yrs off the motor and was looking at the bike to get ready to put it back in and found my fork seals that have been seeping slightly finnally gave out to. my question now is if I'm better off doing fork seals before i put the motor in or after. Not sure how much force is required to seperate them but I'm thinking having the motor in shouldn't be in the way and i can brace the bike better. any opions