IGNORED

Front fender chrome.

My front fender has a hole in the very front of it. I figure there was a chrome piece mounted there that used a mount in the very front.

Anyone have this or know exactly which one it was? I'd like to get on and cover the hole.

This is not the hole that the factory chrome sits in and is bolted on the sides. The hole is just above the factory chrome piece.

Can you post a photo?

Maybe the stock "hood ornamant" or what I joking call a tow hook.... might be improperly installed????

I dont have a camera handy, but page D9 of the parts manual shows how it is susposed to be assembled....

the forward hole for part 12 is about 2.5" up from the Leading Edge (LE) of the fender.

There is a pin on the back of part 3 that goes thru a hole about 1/2" up from the LE of the fender

I hope this helps.

That is an odd location. So your saying the fender trim chrome and the fender ornament are still there? My guess is there was a non-Yamaha fender rail and someone made a special mounting bracket. Just a guess. Or the previous owner had a fender light up there? Or a custom fender ornament that was much larger then the OEM one?

I suggest finding a LED or something that looks good there.

That is an odd location. So your saying the fender trim chrome and the fender ornament are still there? My guess is there was a non-Yamaha fender rail and someone made a special mounting bracket. Just a guess. Or the previous owner had a fender light up there? Or a custom fender ornament that was much larger then the OEM one?

I suggest finding a LED or something that looks good there.

I meant to have them seal it up when they did the paint. Somewhere in the month that it took for my "three day paint job" I missed that part. Until I put it back together. :bang head:

I think this must be an after market thing because the actual Yamaha part doesn't have the extra screw point and the mounting holes are somewhat different as well.

I think Yamaha may have more than one trim rail. I have the genuine Yamaha part # STR-4XY14-10-00 and it does have the extra mounting hole as I described earlier.

Jeff

I just had all the pieces off to get the paint restored. The only was they fit is in the other holes. This looks like it had something like this installed;

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/products/modelsscitem500/5/4/83/404/2007/all/102/0/main/0/itemdetail.aspx

but it had a mount in the front of the fender.

That is exactly what is missing. It is an add on and I had to drill that hole when I added the fender Rail to my bike.It is between the fender ornament and the fender top trim. It looks real good with the rail.

More that likely the Front Fender Rail acces. from Yamaha....I just installed mine and the hole I drilled to attached the front of the rail ended up between the chrome fender lip and the ornament....

George In Virginia

That sounds like it. Good, I'll get one and get rid of the hole.

I believe this is what you're missing:

Sorry for the crappy pics. I think this must be an after market thing because the actual Yamaha part doesn't have the extra screw point and the mounting holes are somewhat different as well.

THAT'S IT!!!

Now I just have to find that one and add it. Thanks.

And the pics were't too crappy. I can see the mount easily.

That is exactly what is missing. It is an add on and I had to drill that hole when I added the fender Rail to my bike.It is between the fender ornament and the fender top trim. It looks real good with the rail.

I feel so much better. Now to add chrome to the hole.

Thanks to all for solving my dilemma.