IGNORED

leveling links

jeff2053

Question not that I don't believe all the great comments about these leveling link but if there so great why hasn't Yamaha put them on as a standard part? I'm going to get a set for my RSV because of all the great comments but won't you think that Yamaha would make the change so we didn't have to.

Jeff

progress.gif

• 11 months later...

Jeff,

If Yamaha made this change I feel that their designers would be admitting to a change that they did not feel was needed? I think they designed this bike to have that layed back cruiser stance that went along with that fat 150 front tire. And I don't think that they even considered handling characteristics when they initially designed the Venture. In fact I have told Yamaha (more than once) of this need along with the need to change out the 4 piston rear caliper, but I know it fell on deaf ears. Look at the Yamaha picture below and it's readily apparent that the bike is normally sitting low in the rear which gives the bike more rake and trail which makes for a lazy handling bike.

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/assets/content/images/600/09ST_RSVen_CRd_Rav_A1_029_6f9a905e.jpg

When I was trying to talk Allen Hall into producing these links he had the same issue that most of you describe with raising the bike up about 1" at the rear axle because he felt that the natural name for this item would be a "Lift Kit". That's when I suggested "Leveling Links" as an alternative.

So if you want a better handling bike, make the change. And if you are really inseamed challenged, lower the front in the triple tree as many folks have done. This does the same basic thing that changing the links does, which is setting the attitude of the bike to level.

Hope this helps,

Rick

Question not that I don't believe all the great comments about these leveling link but if there so great why hasn't Yamaha put them on as a standard part? I'm going to get a set for my RSV because of all the great comments but won't you think that Yamaha would make the change so we didn't have to.

Jeff

progress.gif

A lot of people install the leveling links and are very happy with them. I put them on my bike about a year ago and didn't like it. The bike definitely looks better but I was uncomfortable and my wife was uncomfortable so I took them off.

Ok , I "JUST" caved in, and with dirty,greasy hands I type. (Cookie just wacked me!) Annahow, me be'in a metal artist with all the shop tools needed and then some, found some scrap strap and fashioned a set of links to the "prescribed" measurements on the "threads" and within 20 minutes I experienced a LOT LESS heavy manhandling at slow speeds....Well that's it from me....I'm happy.....dowack'a'do.............................!! (TNX RICK BUTLER)!

Renne.......The test is in the do'in ! :thumbsup2: