IGNORED

Local Maintainance day

jeff2053

Getting my new to me used 07 RSV tomorrow and I really would like to do my own maintainance on it. I see on this site talk of maintainance days at various locations and was wondering if anybody does any around here (Appleton WI). I could probably figure alot out myself but by the sound of some of the threads the manuals don't nessasarily tell you everything. Any help is greatly appreciated

Jeff

Getting my new to me used 07 RSV tomorrow and I really would like to do my own maintainance on it. I see on this site talk of maintainance days at various locations and was wondering if anybody does any around here (Appleton WI). I could probably figure alot out myself but by the sound of some of the threads the manuals don't nessasarily tell you everything. Any help is greatly appreciated

Jeff

Jeff,

First WELCOME :)

Click "Community" above then go down to "Memberlist" then " Full List". Scan for Wisconsin and local Cities to you. Write down some phone numbers, emails, ect... Worked out well for me. :thumbsup2:

Edited by frogmaster
spelling

Hi Jim

Actually i had already done what Frogmaster sugested and noticed your profile Jim if this is an offer to help I will take you up on it the next question is and I should have put this in my original post is the bike I'm picking up tomorrow has just under 5000 miles on it what would you do to it after I pick it up? I'm thinking for sure an oil change but is there anything else I should be considering. I did think of asking the guy for maintainance records but how big would the list be with so few miles on it be anyway. One other thought it would be nice if everyone would put down a city where they live I know some people might have privacy issues but I would think that the people that subscribe to this site would not abuse this info and it could be a benifit to all members to know who was local just my 2 cents worth

Jeff

With 5000 miles.. Oil change, Moly 60 lube of the drive line and change the rear diff oil at minimum.

Agree so far. Do a search on "Oil" Many hours of reading there. I have 4,800 miles and I would say pickup LOCKTITE "BLUE" and check 100% nutz, screws, bolts, Ect..

Also read "KNOWN ISSUES" section in Tech Library.

Jeff,

I am down in Fond du Lac and do all my own wrenching. If you would like to stop by sometime and have some assistance for maintenance, let me know. I will be gone this weekend, but will be around for the next several weekends (at least the social director has not advised me of any plans).

Welcome to the family. Look forward to meeting you.

Perhaps I should organize a maintenance day for the WI area since I am kind of in the middle of the populated portion of the state.

RR

Hi and Welcome,

Have a good look at the rear brake pads. At 5000 you should probably at least be flipping the inside and outside pad for more even wear. Also get real friendly with your front brake lever. The RSV likes to eat rear pads especially the inside one.

Well, it looks like I will just need to make it happen. The bride and some of the kids are going to a lake cottage for a week sometime early this summer. That might be a good time to do this. I will check the schedule and let you know.

RR

Redrider just plan it and we will come. Actually there was a maintenance day over memorial day weekend up in Suamico. It was pretty fun but I had to take off cause my beagle was giving birth. I know excuses excuses... I think I was the only venturerider besides Curt the rest of the folks came thru venturers.org . All exceptionally nice people and helpful really wish I could have taken more advantage of it but just had a full service done. Anyway been really looking for a reason to meet locals and yes New Berlin is local when you own a venture! Best for me if it's not on a holiday weekend because the boss makes me spend family time then. But Fondy is close enuf to show up for part of a day. I say DO IT!!! :thumbsup2:

DEFINITELY remove the shifter and reinstall the same bolt using the BLUE Loctite. It WILL work out and fall off at the most inconvenient time. Many more things to do as preventative maintenance, make a list. They are great bikes but loctite(blue ) needs to be put on all bolts as mentioned earlier in the posts. Tom