IGNORED

Dealer praise

Art708

2 weeks ago I was ranting and cussing the Yamaha dealer here in Charleston. Today I took my RSTD to the dealer in Sumter,SC (Xtreme Sports) to see what they could tell me about my crappy running bike (which the Chas'n dealer said was running just fine.) They got the bike in the shop within 15 minutes of my arrival and 3 hours later I rode off with a great running motorcycle. I honestly was ready to trade this bike off for something ....almost anything....except a Stratoliner. It was so nice to find a service manager who cared and a mechanic who knows his trade and does it well. I will not hesitate to ride 100 miles to this dealer again if I need to....I am happy and satisfied!!

Art

A good motorcycle mechanic is worth his weight in gold; especially if you can find one who knows and truly UNDERSTANDS a Venture.

I have not had much luck with those in my area and I would not hesitate to take the bike to someone good anywhere within a couple of hundred miles. For now, I am relying on my own (very modest) skills and help from this forum whenever I have to do something.

Anybody recommend someone within a few hours of Fredericton, NB? Heck, I would even do an overnight somewhere, if I had to.

Ross

Art,

Glad it worked out so well. I was impressed that they got you in so quick (Saturday call to get a Tuesday appointment (shop closed Monday).

I'm headed there in the morning for tire work.

I've been dealing with them for 4+ years. I bought both Yamahas used from individuals but they treat me like family and gladly transferred warranties to me. They don't try to spend your money.

When you talk to Al, he asks a lot of questions to figure the problem.

He will even work with you over the phone to see if you can fix or diagnose the problem where you are. He and I walked through hooking my RSTD to gravity feed when the fuel pump died.

Then, like you said, Matt fixes stuff and waves a wand and it's good to go.

They also don't give you crap about doing something other than 100% Yamaha.

Great people in parts and sales too.

And Dick, the owner supports the local Star Rider groups.

You won't find many dealers like Sumter Extreme Sports Yamaha.

Mike G.

So, for the rest of the story,,,

I went to Extreme Sports today to have them remount my front, thinking I lost the bead.

Loosing a pound or two a day.

They took a good look and found a pin leak in the tire near the bead/rim.

I needed a new front tire. But still had good tread.

As it turns out, I was only about 2k short of needing the rear so, I had them replace the rear too. They gave me a fair discount on the tires and labor.

But here's the good part:

They reached the Avon rep after I left. As the front tire had right at 1/2 tread remaining and should not have a hole there, Avon comped the tire. They called me at home to tell me they would be putting a credit back on my card for the cost of the front tire.

Art,,,,,, what you said !!!!!!

Anyone who can should go to this dealer. Support them and tell them why you are supporting them. They deserve it. Now if I could just make the trip for an oil change:thumbdown:I guess that's a bit too far for me but I wish they had gone into business near me! So great to hear about happy endings.

Can we all go to this one?? The one in our Charleston ( WEST by GOD) won't even talk to me. All they sell is 4-wheelers I think. You can stand around and look at their bikes all day and no one shows. Could fire one up and take it for ride. Don't think they would notice.

I have been using ExtremeSports for 4 years now, and no complaints with them, they may have a complaint about me though :whistling:

My 05 RSV, I did not buy from them, but they work with warranty issues and never gave me a hassell. So I bought my 08 RSV from them and got a fair deal on the bike too.

So I have been recommending them now for a long time.

A great dealership, now if I could only find a car dealership like that locally. :crying: