IGNORED

No longer a rear shock virgin.....

1BigDog

After 10 years my rear shock finally dumped its contents. Wasnt even riding the bike.....It was sitting in the garage when the first drop hit the floor. And I was sitting in the garage looking at its first drop of fluid hit the concrete. It was such an unholy experience, realizing just how much a new shock will be. However, Bushwacker, who triked his 06 had the old one and sold it to me for a reasonable price. It arrived today and hopefully ill have it in Sunday morn. Still deciding if I want to do the leveling links. Hmmm, maybe while its up ill do............:whistling:

My shock died 2 years ago and I still ride on it.Can't really tell any difference.

Are you sure you didn't have the air go out? My Venture lost the rear shock a couple years back and I was on a pogo stick for 150 miles to get back home. It was not something your could not tell a big difference.

Guest seuadr

wow. i didn't expect this to be safe for work with a title like that! i dunno if i am relieved or disappointed.. :nanner:

Are you sure you didn't have the air go out? My Venture lost the rear shock a couple years back and I was on a pogo stick for 150 miles to get back home. It was not something your could not tell a big difference.

ll the oil leaked out on the garage floor and it will not hold air.I put 40 lb in the shock and it is zero in about 5 minutes.I rode the bike like that for 6 months in the twisties of North Carolina before installing the sidecar and the shock still hasn't been replaced. Maybe it is just me cause I ride the 86 with 0 lb air or 43lb air and I cant tell any difference.

I did mine in about 30 minutes, but I also had an 10 ton overhead hoist to hold my bike up. Those passenger grab handles are strong.

Actually the ol arthritis was kicking my butt, but I had to get it done.

Tommorow, the grass!!!!