IGNORED

Small Maintenance Day at Sleeperhawks Place

Sleeperhawk

There will be several coming to my place on Saturday June 13 to do small maintenance work. Art708 is having an issue with his bike, so we will be working on that bike.

Others that may be coming are Mike G in SC, Wanderer, Dave38X, TheKid.

Others are more than welcome to come on over.

:cool10:

Yep , 5 bikes show up and the Mechanic is take 900+ pictures too boot ! :Avatars_Gee_George: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

BEER30

Most likely Mechanic will not be here for most of that Saturday, going to Atlanta to pick up the grandson, so only 100 pics or so :rasberry::rasberry::moon:

Would love to attend George, but I just cant make this one..just got back from MD at Freebird's, and some guy (Josh is all I know) offered me a free crash bar for my wing and I have to pick it up tomorrow (Friday), so I will be tearing mine apart Saturday to remove the banged up one and replace it with this new one.

:thumbsup2:

Woke up to great riding weather. Peggy and I hit the Barnyard flea market for, yes, some lights for the bike and then rode over to Sleeperhawk and Mechanic's house.

Had to re-route past a "incident" that had I-26 backed up for miles. Finally got there after going to one wrong subdivision. Duh! It was a pleasure to meet everyone that we know from the forums. Unfortunately, we could not stay as a phone call told us our evening plans had been moved up to late afternoon. We apologize for leaving so quickly. We really wanted to stay for the pie-eating contest. Isn't that what you were going to do with all the pies we saw in the kitchen? :innocent: So who ate the most pie? Next time we will be sure to have no other plans for the entire day so that we can stay longer. Thanks for the warm welcome we received.

And here is us on the ride home.....:scorched:

Yeah, that would be Dave. Don't forget he warmed up with the monkey bread.

Hey, thanks for the invite.

Great visiting with you all for the first time today.

Never saw so many Morgan Carbtunes in one place.

Glad you told me about the tree,,, else I was wondering about the choice of curtains.

Bobbie,,, obviously it did not dampen your pie baking skills! Thanks, I needed that.

Good to meet your family(s). You will see me again.

Art should be in good hands in Sumter next week, Matt will nail the problem.

Mike G in SC

progress.gif

George.... I enjoyed meeting you and everyone else who was there. A great big thank you to you George and Dave, Mike, Ted and whoever else had their fingers in my bike. Even though we didn't get the problem fixed, I learned quite a bit about the "new to me" bike. It took Tom and me about 2 hours to get from the I-77/ I-26 junction to the 145 marker. We finally exited at 145 and went the back roads home. THANKS again for inviting me....

Art

You guys make it sound like I just stuck my face down in the middle of a whole pie.:no-no-no: I only had one slice of apple pie, now it's not MY fault Bobbie served me such a large slice! And you know, I didn't want to offend her by not cleaning my plate. She sure can bake a mean apple pie!:bowdown: I am so glad the pine tree didn't take out the oven. Glad to see everyone, just wish we could have fixed Arts bike.

George.... I enjoyed meeting you and everyone else who was there. A great big thank you to you George and Dave, Mike, Ted and whoever else had their fingers in my bike. Even though we didn't get the problem fixed, I learned quite a bit about the "new to me" bike. It took Tom and me about 2 hours to get from the I-77/ I-26 junction to the 145 marker. We finally exited at 145 and went the back roads home. THANKS again for inviting me....

Art

Art

Let us know what ExtremeSports at Sumter fixed on the bike. To bad the JB weld stuff did not fix the vacum leak.

Art

Let us know what ExtremeSports at Sumter fixed on the bike. To bad the JB weld stuff did not fix the vacum leak.

I'll let y'all know what they find. I just hope that this doesn't turn out to be just another

"Dealer Screws Art" venture. I had that honor here in Charleston a couple of weeks ago.

Art

Yeah, Art, let us know what they find (actually I will be down there Wed or Thurs this week, I can ask Al).

But want to know cause another RSTD may have SAME issue.

I helped Jim Ballenger a few weeks ago, carbtune, and the exact same intake pipe pulled out. Well we thought it was okay, but today he told me he went from over 40 MPG to 35 after our work. So he may have same issue.

Let us know!

Oh, and went on the Camp Kemo toys ride today,,,, ran into Wanderer (Ted).

Small town!

Mike G

I'll let y'all know what they find. I just hope that this doesn't turn out to be just another

"Dealer Screws Art" venture. I had that honor here in Charleston a couple of weeks ago.

Art

Art, people would like to know if the bike is fixed? :whistling:

BIKE IS FIXED!!!!! Xtreme Sports did a super job on the bike. They removed and cleaned the carbs, adjusted, synced and waved a magic wand and cast a spell and I have a totally different motorcyle than I took them. I am absolutely happy with the service manager and the mechanic who worked on the bike. It's good to find service personnel who try to please and who are skillful in their craft. Cudos to Xtreme Sports.

Art

Art,,,, GREAT......

This is a real happy,,,,,, WE TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!

I'm headed there Thursday to reset a tire (leak in the bead).

I will tell them about your post! Dealers like to hear if they are good.

Mike G in SC

Also, in a few days, this dealer will call you to find out if you are satisfied.

Happens every time I take the bike there.

I bought my second 2nd gen from them and in the future I will continue buy and have my warranty work done by them.

Still would like to know if there was a vacum leak or not with that #4 carb? :confused24: