IGNORED

Met a one leg rider

Morph

On Saturday I was riding thur Ohio on Rt 30 on my way home to Pittsburgh from Freebird's MD. This rider came up on me on a Kawasaki 1200. We rode together for about 125 miles. We stopped in W. Va so that I could buy him a coffee.

He said that he was coming from Chicago and on his way on to Philadelphia using as many back roads as he could. His bike was not modified. He used only the front brake.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/morph/CIMG2181.jpg

www.Mic-Mutes.com

Bill Morphy

That's an easy Solution. Spiegler makes a Thumb Master Cylinder to fit a the Handle Bar.

The invented this for Racing Purpose, but it a long known Solution for handicapped People.

www.spieglerusa.com

Thanks Squeeze,

By reading your post I now have a contact when needed for MY rear brake dilemma :thumbsup2: I am hoping I can still reach the back brake pedal, even with a stiff leg (angle of foot - sticks up) But if not I now have an avenue to remedy this MAGIC :dancefool::dancefool:

I met a one armed guy on a Valkyrie once. It was amazing to me, but he rode the bike all over the place with just one arm. His friends had fixed up the bike with a clutch lever on the right side along with his throttle and rear brake lever. It's hard to exp[lain, but he had learned to use hi one hand to twist the throttle while letting out the clutch. I asked him if he ever lost his balance. He said only once in awhile when stopping.

He was a great guy and very interesting to talk to.

He said that he was coming from Chicago and on his way on to Philadelphia using as many back roads as he could. His bike was not modified. He used only the front brake.

WOW !! A brave soul. May he have lots of strength and courage to ride for a long time...

:bowdown:

Thanks Squeeze,

By reading your post I now have a contact when needed for MY rear brake dilemma :thumbsup2: I am hoping I can still reach the back brake pedal, even with a stiff leg (angle of foot - sticks up) But if not I now have an avenue to remedy this MAGIC :dancefool::dancefool:

You're welcome !

Let me know if i can be helpful. I live some 200 mls away from Spiegler, Germany, the Home of these Products and I'm a long know Customer to them.

I have two Spiegler 8 Pot Calipers on the Front of my '99 Vmax.