IGNORED

Commuting with Johnny

GG54172

This is why I moved to flyover country. I dubbed a few of my favorite "Folsum Prison Blues" tracks onto one of my wife's Brittany Spears tapes. (She didn't need it anyways) Cruising into work, how else would I want to start and end my work day?

Don't pay any attention to the speedometer needle, it's not accurate anyways...:mugshot:

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/5215301?fr=yvmtf

Edited by Gregory Gill
Added pictures

This is why I moved to flyover country. I dubbed a few of my favorite "Folsum Prison Blues" tracks onto one of my wife's Brittany Spears tapes. (She didn't need it anyways) Cruising into work, how else would I want to start and end my work day?

Don't pay any attention to the speedometer needle, it's not accurate anyways...:mugshot:

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/5215301?fr=yvmtf

Thanks for the ride!

Started watching and listening... said to myself.. wow that scenery looks so familiar.. yep... Iowa.. small batch a trees (timber), then nothing but fields...

I grew up in Newton..

Great video. I also live in Iowa and like to mention that stop signs are overrated and like going around a curve where yellow suggested speed sign are, their are for reference alone. Short of a few loose cows running wild you can drive all day sometimes and not come across another car. Usually on weekends though. Like to know more on the camera and mounting. God Bless and who knows, we just might meet up one day. God Bless. Mike

I have a kodak 7.2MP digital camera. Not the best quality but it works well enough. I purchased a cheap camera stand off of fleabay. It's mounted on the handlebar off of an aluminum bracket that used to hold the cup holder. It vibrates a bit, but it was quick and easy. I will post pics tonight.

Sounds great. I've been wanting to video favorite rides of mine around the island. Figure there may be some folks out there who would enjoy seeing what I see where I ride. Making it easy and cheap would be beneficial to me. :)

I liked your video! Thanks for the ride. :happy34:

I sometimes miss wide open spaces like that...

Here is how I mounted the camera.

I bought the mount from fleabay (see item 160340256619)

The title was : Mini Folding Round Base Tripod Stand for Digital Camera

I removed the plastic cupholder from from my handlebar and screwed the mount into one of the holes left on the cupholder bracket. It has a bit of a vibration issue on the handlebar. (Which makes it look like the bike is still moving when it is not...) Someday I will mount the camera on the fuel tank, as it will probably be more stable.

The camera is not the best, but I just wanted to give you guys a general idea of why I like it here so much...:rasberry: