IGNORED

Looked at a new Kawasaki Voyager

1BigDog

Stopped in at the local Kaw dealer where they had a new silver/black Voyager on the floor. Someone from Virginia already had a deposit on it. Salesman walked over to us as we were standing by the bike, looked out in the parking lot, saw my 99 out there and made the comment so, you're looking to "upgrade" from a Venture? Well, that didnt set quite right with me. Somehow I dont see it as an upgrade. But thats just sales talk I guess. As we talked about the new bike I pointed out several differences, from the warranty period, the lack of a driveshaft and the small fuel tank. He said the belt drive was designed for about 60k of service to which I replied well I have 60k on mine now and all it needed was a little dab of lube on it and its good for another 60k. Mind you I wasnt confrontational, just pointing out the differences. I did say that im waiting to see what Yamaha comes up with in the future as far as the Venture goes. I also pointed out the lack of a CB, rear speakers, etc.

No doubt about it, this is a nice bike but after weighing all the differences, I think ill keep my 99 a bit longer. :thumbsup2:

I sat on the new Kaw Voyager in Spartansburg, SC last winter. Really well laid out machine. The options are expensive. The thing that killed it for me was the minimal distance from the tank to the rear passenger back rest. Also the air cooled V-twin worked on my very weak mind (read Harleys and Road Stars).

:farmer:

Kawi missed the mark with the new Voyager. The finish is very "Cheap" feeling and I too noticed the lack of rear speakers. I also didn't like the rear trunk lanyard and how it was right in the middle of the storage area. Kinda arrogant of the salesman to think that is a superior maching to a bike that comes standard with more stuff and hasn't changed in 10 years

:whistling:

Stopped in at the local Kaw dealer ......................................................

....................................................................................................

I think ill keep my 99 a bit longer.

Hey Ruffy,

Dont forget the benificiary of the RSV now.................:rasberry:

Stopped in at the local Kaw dealer ......................................................

....................................................................................................

I think ill keep my 99 a bit longer.

Hey Ruffy,

Dont forget the benificiary of the RSV now.................:rasberry:

Sorry buddy, but I plan on living forever..........:starz:

Squid, now that you mention that trunk, it did feel kinda flimsy when I opened it and I did notice the lanyard looked out of place. Saddlebags also had a scalloped inner front I guess to clear the shocks. It ate up some bag room. The Victory Vision a few bikes down looked much better than the Voyager but still not my cup of tea.

Hey only kidding Ruffey......I would enjoy you being around for a long while too but not so sure if I would want you around FOREVER....:rasberry:

When I looked the Kaw voyager, I noticed the lower front cowlings were made very thin and are really flimsy.. They need to be made thicker or have some support added if you ask me.

Leg length was great, flat footed easily.

Handlebars seemed to be in about the right place, but would need extensions.

Hey only kidding Ruffey......I would enjoy you being around for a long while too but not so sure if I would want you around FOREVER....:rasberry:

When I looked the Kaw voyager, I noticed the lower front cowlings were made very thin and are really flimsy.. They need to be made thicker or have some support added if you ask me.

Leg length was great, flat footed easily.

Handlebars seemed to be in about the right place, but would need extensions.

Yep, those lower fairings were kinda on the flimsy side too. I was bending them back and forth and it looks like that one mounting bolt location could be a source of future fairing breakage. They also tucked under the floorboard rather far. I can see some road debris busting it up too.