IGNORED

Ya'll won't believe this

I have posted several times in the past about the trouble I have had with the rear end of my 05 venture. Yamaha replaced the rear diff three times within about 2,000 miles. I had already had the rear diff replaced once before that. I left my bike at the dealer saturday for the 24,000 mile service. The service manager just called and said the rear pinyon was worn out so yamaha is sending another rear diff and a new drive shaft. What's up with the rear ends with these bikes? This will be the fourth rear diff within about 8,000 miles.

What's up with the rear ends with these bikes? This will be the fourth rear diff within about 8,000 miles.

I think your question is wrong. Since nobody else is having that problem, your question should not be "these bikes," but instead, "what's wrong with MY bike?"

There is no question in my mind that something is major wrong with that bike. Does your state have a lemon law? If it was mine, I'd be looking to get rid of it. But since I wouldn't want to screw some unsuspecting buyer, that only leaves finding some way to get Yamaha to buy it back. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

Hey V7 Goose,

The rear end problem and clutch basket problem is a problem with many ventures. Maybe not as much trouble as mine but if you look at the previous threads you will see that yamaha has a problem and can't or won't do what needs to be done to correct it. Many guys on this forum have even said they are switching to another brand of bike. My venture was flawless for 16,000 miles and then all of a sudden I have the clutch basket whine and bad rear diffs. I talked to a service manager by the name of Al Harper at the star exhibit in Myrtle Beach this spring and even he said there was a problem with the rear ends of the ventures. Any manufacturer can have an unexpected problem but this one has been going on more than one year and needs to be addressed. This is my third and last yamaha. I think I will go with the harley electra glide ultra classic next. I really like the 08.

I think I would insist they remove the Swing Arm, and Rear Shock and check over everything. Maby missalignment there. Bad swing arm bearings, missing bushing , washer, or something like that?

Seems like sombody said something about some part in the rear end not being installed properly. ?? Not sure what it was, maby a bushing.

How about your wheel ?? Any chance the problem is in the wheel hub and thats messing up the drive unit ?

Yamaha sent a factory tech from Titusville, Fl to here in May. He checked the rear swing arm and said a needle bearing was bad and replaced it. He also replaced the rear shock and drive shaft and disassembled the rear end and re-greased and reinstalled it. So, all that has been done.

How much of the diff. was replaced? When mine was replaced in 2001 my dealer insisted that Yamaha replace everything, the drive shaft, the pinion,and ring gears, bearings etc. His idea was that since I had put about 5000 miles on the bike since the problem began then everything would be worn aswell as just the obvious.

I havn't had a problem since.