IGNORED

One Thing Leads To Another...

Pulled my Air Box (again) to remove the defective ignition Module and relocater it, and decided to see how well my sliders were moving. Well, found the right front would only open halfway and seem to hit a stop. Took it apart this evening and found that the entire diaphragm and piston assembly had come apart!! It honestly looks like someone tried to replace a diaphragm and used packing tape to hold the washer for the rubber in place after prying it apart!! Found the tape on the spring! Luckily, I had a brand new diaphragm and puiston assembly I bought off ebay a couple of yearsw ago to have on hand. Also, not a single torx screw to be found on any of the carbs.

Hmmm, wonder if it was the same brain child that wired my chin lights directly to the accessory line before the fuse...

Best maybe pull the whole bike apart and see what other surprises might be in store,,,,,there are pictures somewhere on how to do that,,,,, 'member seeing them somewhere,,,,,,

nah, you may not have it ready for MD and then I'd have to make a detour.

Glad you got a fix for that though,,,, seen enough other pictures already.

On the bright side, your bike is really going to run good when you get these bugs worked out.

When I got my 83 over 13 years ago, it had a lot of Markland upgrades, but the bike itself had not been molested. I did work on a friends 89 that when I pulled the top cover off, there must have been about 150 feet of extra wiring stuffed around the battery. It looked like spaghetti, if you know what I mean.

RandyA