hi all!

:big-grin-emoticon:

So now i have a 96 Royal Star with 8900 miles. Quick question for you, when i lean right... alll is fine. When i go left... I AM SCRAPING SOMETHING on the pavement... Its going to be dangerous if im bonking off the pavement making a left turn... Now im thinking after putting 150 miles on it... could it be the kick stand?

Thanks guys/gals... This bike is a phenom!

:backinmyday: Im tired... 260 + mile round trip to get it... going to bed.. :backinmyday:

The first thing to scrape is the floorboard on either side. They are hinged and have a hardened piece at the back of the floorboard for this reason. You should feel it on the floorboard, if it is not that I would do some checking. Those are great bikes, I had a '96 until 2 years ago.

thanks guys, Ill look into that... 600 + In a days ride holyeeee monkey bum batman! Ill DEFINITELY need a different seat... this OEM one givin me a case of the rear hurts after 100 miles... wow... ok so who has a good idea for 2 up seating and me at 6'+ 270+ lbs ???

thank you in advance.. .Oh and when me and the misses set on a 98 RSTD the seating was fabulous! now to find out if them will work on the 96 Royal...

if i could just keep off of it i could start working minor issues out of it...like iridium / k&n / front pads...:Avatars_Gee_George:

Yup, the kickstand will touch down.

Seats? I went through a few and wound up staying with the Corbin Dual Tour. I like it. The wife hates it. But she rides her own bike anyway. Seats from any '96 - '01 Royal Star will interchange. What seat did you have on your '98 that you liked so well?

Yup, the kickstand will touch down.

Seats? I went through a few and wound up staying with the Corbin Dual Tour. I like it. The wife hates it. But she rides her own bike anyway. Seats from any '96 - '01 Royal Star will interchange. What seat did you have on your '98 that you liked so well?

Well it was a 98 we were thinkin on buying but wound up with the 96 .. here is the seat we sat on... She loved it.. and i think there was a wider back pad on the 98 as well

http://image.motorcyclecruiser.com/f/10768693/baggers_lg+1999_yamaha_royal_star_tour_classic+seat_view.jpeg.jpg

That is strange, if someone lowered the bike at one time, it will scrape a lot easier than stock height. That is why I am not a fan of lowering kits.

Not really strange, the origional Royal Stars were quite a bit lower than they are now. The kick stand on the '96 - '01 Royal Star is a little over 2" shorter than the ones on the newer bikes. I doubt if his bike has been lowered.

Well it was a 98 we were thinkin on buying but wound up with the 96 .. here is the seat we sat on... She loved it.. and i think there was a wider back pad on the 98 as well.

That seat will fit any '96 - '01 Royal Star. They were an optional seat that could be purchased at a dealer. You can still find them used on ebay. I had those on my bike for a while, and I did some reshaping of the front seat. But I still like the Corbin Dual Tour better.

Well it was a 98 we were thinkin on buying but wound up with the 96 .. here is the seat we sat on... She loved it.. and i think there was a wider back pad on the 98 as well

http://image.motorcyclecruiser.com/f/10768693/baggers_lg+1999_yamaha_royal_star_tour_classic+seat_view.jpeg.jpg

That's the seats on my bike. I thought that was what was factory stock. My wife hates it. "too hard", "nothing to hold on to", "backrest is too low" and on and on. I just tell her "see ya", and then RUN!!! :smile5:

I use that seat to runn errand and for short trips, as it lets me get more "foot on the ground". I also have a Corbin solo seat that lets me sit back some, is lower and more comfortable for long rides, but is wider up next to the tank so even though it is lower I am somewhat on my tip toes when I stop.