IGNORED

Does you bike take Diesel !!!!!!!!!

KeithR

There has to be an award for this goof!!!!

I decided to go for a ride today and needed to fuel up about 50km's or so from home. When I stopped at the pump a guy started chatting to me so not really paying attention I filled my tank with Diesel fuel! When I went inside one of the young girls said to me "does your bike take diesel" I hadn't noticed the 3/4" Diesel letters on the pump or Diesel written on the nozzle cover with a black pen!! I owned a diesel Jetta a few years ago and always looked for the green nozzle and clearly marked separate pump. This one had regular gas on one side and diesel on the other. So need less to say panic set in.... I pushed it to the side and and got my hands on a gas can and drained it all out....took off the tank and got every last drop out. So if anyone is curious it took 21.475 liters (5.67 gallons) with the tank completely drained. One good thing.....I installed a Talon alarm last week and wasn't in the mood to remove the tank to run the wire for the indicator light.....that job is done now!!

Just call me Dumba$$

Keith

Guest Ken8143

I think you were fortunate - and pretty adept to take the tank off right then and there and save yourself a bunch of grief. Hope you had some vehicle to put that deisel in!

Good reason for a long extended ride. Diesel should run through with no real problems, just got to keep the engine hot, and running, and when your done with your test, change the oil and filter. It'll smoke a little while the test is on, and smell somewhat different, but other than that I would have run it through,,, just another reason for more riding. Now if you have a catalytic converter in your exhaust system, better deal with the diesel in another way, it'll plug the converter.

When I was 8, I was playing with my step-dad's car...as if I was driving...then I figgured I needed gas so I filled up the kettle with water and poured it into the tank!

I'll never forget that whoppin! LOL