IGNORED

Anti-dive removal during fork rebuild

I'm tearing apart my forks on my '83 VR. Concerning the anti-dive units on the lower front forks, do I remove the unit from the forks or do I remove the brake line at the banjo bolt and leave the anti-dive unit attached to the forks?

Thanks

Well, there ARE O-Rings under the anti dive that thru the years have formed a "set" and are now flat rings, not o-rings.

Carl is correct, they probably don't leak and may be OK, but they could eventually leak, and we are only talking 2 allen screws to take them out and replace the o-rings...

As was said, if they don't leak they will probably be fine. I replaced the o-rings in mine when I did my rebuild just for the heck of it.

When you remove the line from the anti-dives just switch out the short union bolt from the anti-dives and move it to the calipers as now it will only have the one line coming in. Get a couple of 10mm x 1.25 pitch flange head bolts and probably have to cut them down to the right size. You want the bolts to be no longer than the threads on a short union bolt. Don't forget the crush washer.

No more leaks.

Cheap fix.