IGNORED

Stebel Compact Nautilus installation

Hi,

I just purchased the Stebel Compact Nautilus horn to replace the horrible stock tweet on the side of the bike. The horn arrived in good order but with very unclear installation instructions. I don't know how to wire this one up. The package included a 4 way plug and I see a plus and minus on the bottom of the thing. I hooked it up to the two stock wires but that only produces a strange vibrating noise. Not good. Is there anyone out there who can provide me with clear instructions on how to wire this up?

Thank you!

Robert

Robert,

I have installed two of these magnificent horns, both times very easily. The instructions that came with it was all I used. These horns if I remember correcty have a relay? in the wiring that is supplied. It helps convert enough power to make these horns work. I also used the bracket that Carbon One makes here on this site.

Good luck,

Steve

It should have a 4-way plug, and a relay....right? The plus and minus are for battery voltage and ground...and the other two are for your stock horn wires.

EDIT... Here ya go.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i274/13thAFMonterey/snpnp_01_LRG.jpg

http://www.offroaders.com/info/tech-corner/reading/relay-diagram.gif Here is a Relay wiring Diagram.

Terminal 87 of the Relay would go to the Horn Positive + side... the - side goes to Ground

Plug your Factory Horn wires into Terminal 85 & 86 on the Relay

Terminal 30 goes to Battery... best to fuse this wire.

I mounted my horn in the same location as the stock horn. I simply made a small metal bracket to mount.

I mounted my Relay under the seat behind the battery.

All,

after more surfing I found the solution and instructions. I just need to buy the Amanet wiring kist to install the horn. Hopefully I am clever enough to do it myself.

I spend 10 bucks more to get the plug and play kit, which is fully assembled, should be easier to install.

It should have a 4-way plug, and a relay....right? The plus and minus are for battery voltage and ground...and the other two are for your stock horn wires.

EDIT... Here ya go.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i274/13thAFMonterey/snpnp_01_LRG.jpg

I might be wrong, :think:but nowhere in this diagram does it show the horn button, which on these bikes completes the ground to activate the "stock" horn. This diagram appears to show "the button" sending 12v+ to the circuit, again, which is wrong. At least it would be for my RSTC II. :smile5:

Plenty of brackets still available and I also include easy to use wiring instructions.

Larry

I'll vouch for the quality of that bracket and the easy to understand directions too! You da man Larry!

Boomer......who's like a monkey humping a football when it comes to electrical wiring stuff....:crackup:

Hi,

I just purchased the Stebel Compact Nautilus horn to replace the horrible stock tweet on the side of the bike. The horn arrived in good order but with very unclear installation instructions. I don't know how to wire this one up. The package included a 4 way plug and I see a plus and minus on the bottom of the thing. I hooked it up to the two stock wires but that only produces a strange vibrating noise. Not good. Is there anyone out there who can provide me with clear instructions on how to wire this up?

Thank you!

Robert

Do you have a link to the horn you purchased? I have one installed under the front fairing and left the stock horn in place to fill the void, so to speak.. loud and gets people's attention!

Hi,

I purchased the preassembled wiring from Amenet. I connected everything as described but when I turn on the power the horn starts blasting. The description says that I should connect one of the wires to the old horn power supply. I am confused, which one is that?

There are 2 wires connect to the old horn, brown and red wire. The new horn starts blasting if I connect the horn to either one of them.... what am I doing wrong?

Robert:crying: