IGNORED

Highway pegs

Monty

Does anyone use highway pegs on their 1st Gen? I had to remove my lower louvres(see pic) to allow my legs to be able to extend out for pegs, but I haven't gotten a pair yet. It seems to me that if I put them on the engine guard, they won't be out far enough for me to extend my legs. I am 6'. Looking for ideas so I can get a set of pegs.

Does anyone use highway pegs on their 1st Gen? I had to remove my lower louvres(see pic) to allow my legs to be able to extend out for pegs, but I haven't gotten a pair yet. It seems to me that if I put them on the engine guard, they won't be out far enough for me to extend my legs. I am 6'. Looking for ideas so I can get a set of pegs.
I was given a set by the inventor at a bike event a couple years ago in north ga. He called them The Highway Ottoman's and said they could be ordered on the internet. Instead of foot pegs to rest your feet on they have cushioned pads to rest your calves on. I really love them and they are supper comfortable and have 4 way adjustments that allows you to put them where ever you want them.

My 83 came to me with a set of highway pegs mounted on the engine crash bars outside the lower plastic trim. I am also 6 ft tall and have fairly long legs. If you check the pics in my gallery, you should be able to see them... but where they are mounted is a bit too short for my legs. That said, it is a nice break from the standard pegs when you are on a long ride... and the wind out there cools your feet off a bit.

I could move them a little further forward on the crash bars, but then I would have an ugly hole visible. I don't use them all that much so I am planning on leaving them right where they are.

The guy who made the Highway Ottomans...MIke Patch, went out of business in 2008. He wasn't making enough off of them.
Sorry to hear that. Probably another example of a great idea that didn't catch on. Like I said he gave me my set. He walked up to me where I was camping at an event and started talking about highway pegs than gave me a set and said try these you'll love them. And I do, Ive been talking them up ever since.

I have them on my bike check out the post I made about my new driving lights. I put them in my vents and removed the old ones from my crash bars and was able to move my hiway pegs forward more and also down more and they feel perfect for me and I am almost 6 foot 2. Here is the link to my other post showing pics of one peg in the position with old running light and the other side with the light removed and the peg moved more forward and down. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35314

I hope this helps but there is definetly enogh room for a big guy to stretch out a bit.

Paul

Thanks. When it quits raining(if ever), I'll run up the hill and give those a try. The shop here by my house has several sets of Kuryakins...even the widows...I love those. They also have the extensions. Looking at them on the wall, it just seems that they won't be forward enough to get my legs straightened out. I'll just have to try them on and see. Gonna cost a little over $200 though.:bawling:

I have the kuryakin longhorns offsets, and I love them they can move almost anydirection to give you any length or position you need to be comfortable. I have mine mounted on the horizontal bar on my crash bars but I know Condor has them mounted on the forward vertical bar on the crash bars cause he is such a tall guy.

Brian

I had pegs on mine mounted on the engine crash bar. Like you, I felt they were a touch to clse causing me to have to lift my legs up thus basically rocking back but not really changing my seating position. If you mount pegs on the vertical from the crash bar they do not extend far enough leaving you only the outside half, making them unusable. the answer is one of three; Buy the longhorn offsets and mount them on the vertical. Two, I have seen peg extensions which will move your pegs out i think 4.5 inches or buy some offset boards, got mine from Autopilot and just got them installed. think they are going to work out very well (no Pics yet)

Offsets and extensions run about $90 plus pegs and my boards new would run $300.

This is the thread I had running: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35050