IGNORED

After Market Exhaust

Good Morning all,

I had my 08 venture in for the first service this week and was talking to the service writer about a set of slip-ons I saw on a RSV when I bought mine in january. He was not sure of the brand but told me they were shochrome or shoguns. I have not talked to parts to get the name or price yet.Twin 1 1/2 pipes per side with good mellow tone. The queston is He told me they have to rejet the carbs and being there is no kit they have to make up their own. I thought I seen on one of threads that as long as you do not change the header pipe you do not have to rejet these V-4's. Am I being told a dealer lie or is there a chance he is telling the truth. He was not happy when I told him I would be putting the pipes on myself. I took it in for the first service but will be doing my own from now on. With the help of any of you guys if I find myself stumped on some of the maintance. Thanks for any help I can get on the slip-on problem.

Richard

I don't know of anyone who has had to rejet after changing to aftermarket slipon exhaust. Also, you are correct to mount them yourself, it is a 30 minute job that will cost you $75 - $100 to have done. To mount a set of slipon's you remove the saddle bags, loosen one clamp and remove one bolt on each exhaust, then put it all back together.

This is a great place to find answers, there are some folks on here who are very good with these bikes.

I put the Baron's Nasty Boys(4-2-4's) on my Venture and re-jetting was NOT required. If you want LOUD these are perfect pipes.

Boomer......who thinks there are way too many Dealers out there blowing smoke up into private places.

I am running Kromewerks on my 07, very nice sound, not overly loud, but will sound off if you romp on it.

Pretty sure you can get Kromewerks thru Barons, the 4x2x4 that I have heard were obnoxiuosly loud, but I do not know if the guy had baffles in them or not.

My '99 has a very nice set of Sampson slashcut's and has a wonderful low rumble that get's appropriately loud when it's throttle up time. Sounds more like a V-8 motor boat then a motorcycle. No re-jetting was necessary when installed.

Boomer, thanks for the tip on after market exhaust for the RSV. You appear adamant on not having to rejet, but did your bike require adjustment of the fuel/air mixture on the carbs? You say LOUD. Are they obnoxiously loud or just a good throaty roar? Would appreciate a response. retldousn@earthlink.net (a retired MCPO, CWO4 and LT, submarine type.)

I put the Baron's Nasty Boys(4-2-4's) on my Venture and re-jetting was NOT required. If you want LOUD these are perfect pipes.

Boomer......who thinks there are way too many Dealers out there blowing smoke up into private places.

Boomer, thanks for the tip on after market exhaust for the RSV. You appear adamant on not having to rejet, but did your bike require adjustment of the fuel/air mixture on the carbs? You say LOUD. Are they obnoxiously loud or just a good throaty roar? Would appreciate a response. retldousn@earthlink.net (a retired MCPO, CWO4 and LT, submarine type.)

Shipmate I blocked the AIS on my Venture when we installed the Baron's pipes. There is a procedure for doing all that in the Tech Section on this Site. Yes there was a minor adjustment of 1/4 turn out on the fuel/air mixture screws for the carbs if my memory serves right.

The Baron's 4-2-4's are loud but not ear-splitting loud as straight pipes are. You will be heard both coming and going! I do a lot of group riding and nobody riding behind me has complained about my pipes being too loud.

If you check on YouTube there are several sound clips there on Ventures running the Baron's pipes. The Baron's are not too cheap I might add. You should also consider a set of Bubs if you don't want real loud. Those Bubs are a deep rumble on our Ventures.