Sorry - I kinda thought the owner's manual had all the information necessary here - there is a big CAUTION in bold letters that specifically explains what may happen. But even without that, a maximum spec is usually pretty clear.

There is always a reason behind any maximum limit, such as a torque spec, but we usually don't need to have that reason explained - it seems kinda like someone asking why they shouldn't tighten the clutch spring bolts more than 5.8 ft lbs. The obvious answer is 'that's the documented spec'; the explanation we seldom need to hear is that you will break it if you ignore the spec.

Goose

Because if you run more you run the risk of blowing out the oil seals.. The seals are only meant to hold so much pressure..... Think balloon.. what happens when you add to much air to it... or how about shaking up a champagne bottle without the wire retainer...

Too much pressure... and.... it's gotta go somewhere

I don't run any air pressure in the front shocks. I put 40 in the rear. Really improves handling. I would really like to hear what happens if you put 25 psi in the front shocks. Post pics of the outcome please....:Venture:

I don't run any air pressure in the front shocks. I put 40 in the rear. Really improves handling. I would really like to hear what happens if you put 25 psi in the front shocks. Post pics of the outcome please....:Venture:

i have done that for the 10 years that i have had my bike.. started that when i brought it home. then i found out that it was suposed to be waaay less so i lowered the presure, and didnt like the wat it road and handled.. but yuou gotta remember that i weighed 425 pounds +.. plus the wife was along with me. with the recomended pressure it would always bottom out on bumps. sorry but thats the truth. i have also never replaced my shocks, however i did notice that the front seals were leaking this spring. so i will have to replace them this coming winter..