IGNORED

Best ride in 6 months

mrc

To all my fellow riders in the very deep southern parts of Canada like Texas and Arizona :whistling::rotf:you don’t know what you’re missing. The temperature in Ontario hit a blistering 5 Celsius (41 Fahrenheit) and I couldn’t stand it anymore :bang head: No one wanted to ride because it was to darn cold. :confused07: The sky was cloud free, so I mounted the iron pony and set out though places like the Niagara escarpment, Beaver Valley, River Road and Osler Bluffs. Three hours non stop, and I was frozen stiff when I got home. It took 1 ½ hrs to thaw the smile off my face. Thank god winter is only 6 months long or I’d have to move to southern Ontario around Jacksonville or Tallahassee.:stickpoke: :witch_brew:

I'm sure glad spring is here. Ride safely and enjoy the season.

Edited by mrc

Did you have to get both wood stoves going or was one good enough. I did have a great ride with lots of wild life along the way, 5 deer in total in 2 different spots, 25 to 30 vultures some in flight and others warming up on the fences, 100's of geese, a few ducks and a couple of hawks.

Today they are calling for a high 3C (37F). If you’re not using one of your wood stoves I could bolt it on stoke it up and pretend I am like my southern brothers and sisters. Yesterday I had on long johns, jeans, rain suit, sweat shirt (why they call it that) winter gloves, wool hat over my helmet and a winter coat. My wife laughed at me :think::sign29: :rotf::rotf:and said she would wait for better weather. :doh: I said this is better weather and wasn’t going to miss the :motorcycle: riding season. It was like snowmobile on wheels. The only difference is, the roads hold a smooth surface longer after the groomer goes through.

Edited by mrc

I've been out on my RSMV now for 5 great rides already. 3 weeks ago, I told my wife that I was going around the block to make sure there were no leaks, etc., since I upgraded my stator. Well 200 kms., 4 hours later, I returned home. I got an ear full.

Yesterday, my wife and I went to Port Dover, Simcoe, Waterford then returned home. Wife was cold, but I was toasty, just hugged the engine, kept my legs warm. Today, I left home at 10am, got back at 5pm, got another ear full. Went to Hamilton, Stoney Creek, visited a good friend in St. Catherines, stopped for lunch in Welland, got gas in Dunnville, toured the countryside at a nice lesurily pace.

I've been out on my RSMV now for 5 great rides already. 3 weeks ago, I told my wife that I was going around the block to make sure there were no leaks, etc., since I upgraded my stator. Well 200 kms., 4 hours later, I returned home. I got an ear full.

Yesterday, my wife and I went to Port Dover, Simcoe, Waterford then returned home. Wife was cold, but I was toasty, just hugged the engine, kept my legs warm. Today, I left home at 10am, got back at 5pm, got another ear full. Went to Hamilton, Stoney Creek, visited a good friend in St. Catherines, stopped for lunch in Welland, got gas in Dunnville, toured the countryside at a nice lesurily pace.

They are calling for +8 today. I arranged a ride with 7 other bikes this afternoon. Hopefully we can leave the winter coat at home…….

To all my fellow riders in the very deep southern parts of Canada like Texas and Arizona :whistling::rotf:you don’t know what you’re missing. The temperature in Ontario hit a blistering 5 Celsius (41 Fahrenheit) and I couldn’t stand it anymore :bang head: No one wanted to ride because it was to darn cold. :confused07: The sky was cloud free, so I mounted the iron pony and set out though places like the Niagara escarpment, Beaver Valley, River Road and Osler Bluffs. Three hours non stop, and I was frozen stiff when I got home. It took 1 ½ hrs to thaw the smile off my face. Thank god winter is only 6 months long or I’d have to move to southern Ontario around Jacksonville or Tallahassee.:stickpoke: :witch_brew:

Please allow me to be the modern day Paul Revere, TO ARMS THE CANADIANS ARE COMING THE CANADIANS ARE COMING, I just knew it was a matter of time before they had to have access to our Dairy Queens and Cajun food. Beware Americans, their a sneaky bunch. They ride in speaking their "ehs" and wearing Parkas to hide their true identities. Before long we'll all be part of Saskatchiwan or whatever it's called. Beware.

Please allow me to be the modern day Paul Revere, TO ARMS THE CANADIANS ARE COMING THE CANADIANS ARE COMING, I just knew it was a matter of time before they had to have access to our Dairy Queens and Cajun food. Beware Americans, their a sneaky bunch. They ride in speaking their "ehs" and wearing Parkas to hide their true identities. Before long we'll all be part of Saskatchiwan or whatever it's called. Beware.

There's no doubt about it! We're comin' from the great white north, EH! Wearing our toques under our helmets with the "Good Old Hockey Game", playing on our radio's! We'll make sure we bring some of that good ol' Canadian backbacon too! :crackup:

||

What's really got me stumped :scratchchin: is how you made it to Texas, Arizona and Florida without any of us in the midwestern states seeing ya... must've snuck by us with your skates and quietly took over with your sticks... I'm watching for ya... maple tree switch in hand... One more thing, I know them Texans don't take well to invaders.. How in the heck did ya get past them????

||

What's really got me stumped :scratchchin: is how you made it to Texas, Arizona and Florida without any of us in the midwestern states seeing ya... must've snuck by us with your skates and quietly took over with your sticks... I'm watching for ya... maple tree switch in hand... One more thing, I know them Texans don't take well to invaders.. How in the heck did ya get past them????

:confused24: We merged in with the last flock of Canadian geese that winter in the beautiful sunny south. :scorched: Sun and fun mixed with a little Venture equals paradise. Any time you need a fix of black flies and moose your more them welcome to ride north and visit us. Are roads are snow free and open for at least 6 uuuuuuuuu weeks a year and longer if you own a snow suit:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

:confused24: We merged in with the last flock of Canadian geese that winter in the beautiful sunny south. :scorched: Sun and fun mixed with a little Venture equals paradise. Any time you need a fix of black flies and moose your more them welcome to ride north and visit us. Are roads are snow free and open for at least 6 uuuuuuuuu weeks a year and longer if you own a snow suit:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Well, let's see, don't need a passport now beings were part of Canada, you somehow have learned to fly with the geese. were in no need of Black flies and I know for a fact those moose will play havoc with a Venture on the highway. I think I'll keep my maple switch ready... no wait, make that an willow, knowing you canadians you'll try and take the maple switch and see if you can't get syrup out of it. :rotfl: (subliminal message posted here... still can't figure how them thar Texans let them slip by I know the Floridians were probably resting on the beach and Arizonians were watching the CSll.)