IGNORED

Yes another HD muffler install ????? sorry

Tried searching internet for the V-Twin clamp 31-9920 chrome clamp to mount HD mufflers to the RSV Is this something that can come from HD dealer or other bike shop. I did see some on Ebay but don't like dealing with it so does anybody have a part # or web site to get these.

Scott, the link to ebay that Buddy Rich listed is the clamp you are looking for. I had gotten my clamp from iron city cycles but they no longer have a web listing, at least one that I can find. The 36.00 buy it now price is about average. The clamp is first class though.

Hey guys, sorry for jumping in, but does anyone have a picture of the clamps from Ebay actaully in use on a set HD pipes of their RSV?

Here ya go... the V-Twin clamps

They are made by V-Twin and you have the part number. Go to a local custom cycle or chopper shop and they can probably get them (if a Harley shop can't)

(sorry about the "bird") LOL

I got a set of the eBay clamps and they are good quality, I purchased a set of mufflers but they were from an 08, so I ordered the one from a 95, both fit good but the 95's sound soo much better

Hey guys, sorry for jumping in, but does anyone have a picture of the clamps from Ebay actaully in use on a set HD pipes of their RSV?

Here ya go... the V-Twin clamps

They are made by V-Twin and you have the part number. Go to a local custom cycle or chopper shop and they can probably get them (if a Harley shop can't)

(sorry about the "bird") LOL

No worries about the "bird":happy34:, that's a common gesture we use in TO for our appreciation for being cut off!!! Sick looking ride SilvrT, got my clamps on order. tx and ride safe

I used the R-Mark kit with the brackets and clamps (search hills on ebay).

One note I will pass along is to get a tailpipe expander (the stock RK mufflers are bent a little when installed with the stock clamps) and some high temp RTV sealant as the connection is pipe to pipe without a gasket.

When I did mine I loved the look but hated the ^#$@#! popping on decel which drove me crazy. Once that was taken care of it was smooth sailing.

• 1 month later...
just got my road king pipes and clamps cant wait to get them on this weekend dealer gave them up for 10 bucks,:big-grin-emoticon: look like new and they had the clamps for 7.50 each

COOL! ... but not the V-twin clamps for that price??

Dang, if HD dealers "down south" are willing to sell off these RK mufflers at that price, maybe one or more of you guys should go out and buy a bunch and sell 'em off for a wee profit eh? Heck, I paid 50 bucks for a used set and $25 to get them shipped to me ... I'da least paid that much for a new set so that would have been a $40 profit for ya.