IGNORED

2006 royal star tour deluxe

I finally gave in to temptation and bought a 2006 Royal Star Tour Deluxe/14000 miles.

I was wondering if anybody had any advise or items of interests about this bike I should know about. I thought I got a good deal having paid $8000 for this classy machine.

Ride it and enjoy. You have a 2nd gen. Venture without the box, so keeping up with the Venture items (under 2nsd Gen Tech Talk) will basically cover the mechanics. I have 102,000 miles on my 02 Venture without any unscheduled down time. Servicing them is easy and I do all my own work. If you are mechanically inclined, get a service manual.

:thumbsup:

You'll love the RSTD. You can make it as comfortable and convenient as a Venture but detach everything and ride it as a cruiser. Best of both worlds. As for 8K , I think you got a good price on your baby. There's a meet and eat in Indiana end of this month. Ought to go and meet some of the folks from here. You'll never meet a better group of riders. Here's the link to thread http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?threadid=33549 Now that your here, we welcome you and remember, if you tell about something we expect pictures... it's in the rules :rotf: Ride safe and God Bless. Mike

Hey, it's about time we see someone else from boring northern IN. That's only 35 miles away from us. My wife's parents live in Auburn. We were there visiting last Sunday and will be there again next Sunday. We're up there frequently. We'll have to look you up some warm Saturday and go for a ride.

I finally gave in to temptation and bought a 2006 Royal Star Tour Deluxe/14000 miles.

I was wondering if anybody had any advise or items of interests about this bike I should know about. I thought I got a good deal having paid $8000 for this classy machine.

I also have a 2006 and love it. I thought the passing lamps and luggage rack were must haves. I also have added LED lights to the rear turn stalks to give me three points of light for safety. The last upgrade I have done was an air horn. Oh, and I had the stock seat modified by Rick Butler to make it more endurance-oriented.

This thread features many of the RSTD owners, and will give you a feel for popular upgrades.

36,000 miles

I did not like the stock seat at all replaced it at 2,000 miles with a Mustang Seat

I have meet people that don't have a problem with it

It has only been in the shop 3 times

1 -- 1200 miles for the 600 mile check up

2 --- Twice for tires

3 --- Carb sync

I have Never had any problems or have I met any one who has

Ride it

Ride it

Ride It

I ordered new LEDS for the Tail and Blinkers

I will put them on this weekend if they get here

I bought my 06 new (non current) last October (08). Put about three hundred miles on it before the corners started getting icy. I had to do something with the handlebars cause the shoulders got pretty sore after an hour in the saddle. Switched over to the Flanders pullback bars for the RSTD and couldn't be happier.

Also went with a Mustang seat, Strebel Ear Cannon horn, LED tail light / turn signals, Yamaha passing lights, luggage rack, tool bag, and about to order the Baron handlebar tack.

Just finishing the break in period and starting to explore what those higher revs can provide.

Enjoy your new toy!

• 3 weeks later...

acain,

I beleive 8k would be a great price. I was at the dealer last week looking at a new RSV (wife is looking to upgrade the passenger comfort level).

I have a 2005 RSTD, and he offered me 8k for it in trade. So... I'd assume, he's going to mark it up to re-sell. Thus, I'd think, you got a 1 year newer bike for what I was told is wholesale.

Congratulations ! You'll love the bike.

I would have to let you lead, I never know where to ride. Alot of times I just cruise to Huntington, Columbia City and back since I live on the south west side of town.

MKrieg,

I seem to recall taking hwy 5 north out of Huntington was a fun road. Not too many curves, but lots of whoops (up and down). Old 24 to Wabash was also a fun road but I don't know if it is still open since they built the new 24.

I graduated from Homestead and lived off of 24 in Forest Ridge. My folks have now moved out to Scotia off of Aboite Center.

Where abouts in SW FtW are you?

I will give you and Peg a shout when I am coming to the Fort this summer to visit the 'rents.

RR