IGNORED

Finally found oil leak!

Finally got the time last nite to tear the carbs back off to find this pesky harley-esque oil leak! Somewhere off the #2 cylinder. Replaced crush washers for the oil delivery pipe to no avail, figured I would pull the plugs, disable the ignition, etc. to just spin the starter to find it. Didn't find anything till I pulled the #2 carb intake boot off and saw the oil come up out of the top left screw hole when I spun the motor! Then it hit me that it was seeping around the screw and coming down around the boot as I had seen. Put a small amount of rtv around the hole, re-installed the intake boot and let it sit overnite.

No more oil leak! Yeaaaaa! NOW I can clean this motor up and mama can wear her white tennies again!

One more item off the list!

Dan- who will struggle till it gets figured out!

Upon looking at it furthur, when cleaning up the boots and thread holes, there was a gray sealant just inside the holes. I originally took these off last year during the rebuild. Book didn't say anything about sealant around these holes. It's got sealant now!

I'm glad you found the Culprit... :happy34::happy34::happy34::happy34::happy34:

But on a lighter Note, if you would have used the Bolts which belong there, it wouldn't have leaked from the Beginning ... :stickpoke::D :D :D

I think the Bolts on the four far outer Corners are 5 mm longer than the others. On the Vmax they are silver while the others are green coated. Don't remember about what the Ventures have there at the Moment.