IGNORED

Sick of Antique Headlamp from the 70's & 80's

Goldwing so kicks Venture @ss in Cool Headlight department!!! Yes I bought an 2008 Venture and choked on the cassette player (Soon to be modded cubby hole).

Every time I see the Venture Headlamp it reminds me of the 4 or 5 Headlamps I replaced on 1970-80 Autos over the years....:bang head: (now I'm 45). Does anybody make a cool replacement???

:buttkick:

Edited by frogmaster
spelling

heh ... when I took my '06 out at night for the first time, I commented to my wife... "wow...it sure has a better headlight than the 'old' bike" ... (that being my '87 VR). I guess I just don't know what "good headlights" are ...

Yes, the Silverstar is real nice and bright and I like that. It's also twice as expensive as stock and has 1/4 of the life time. I just replaced it again last week, and I'm not sure I'm going to buy another one.

Knock on wood I have not had any problems. Been running mine for over 2 years and 52,000 miles.

I just put in a Phillips Moto Vision H4, which was introduced to me on Motor Week. Have yet to ride at night, however the visibility during the day to oncoming and other traffic appears to have improved significantly. I purchased the bulb from cycle gear.

http://www.cyclegear.com/images/StreetAcc/Philips%20Moto%20Vision%20h4%20h7_77x77.jpghttp://www.cyclegear.com/images/design2/category_inc/prodlistseemore.gifPHILIPShttp://www.cyclegear.com/images/design2/category_inc/trans_sp.gifMotoVision Light Bulb$19.99

I replaced my entire headlight on mine and used one from an 03 Suzuki SV1000N. T'was a PITA. But much better lighting especially with the SilverStar.

'Course I don't expect anyone to follow suit since I had the stock Suzuki light lying around after I put dual headlights on it for that cool Streetfighter look.

Anyway, it can be done. It's a PITA. There are instructions floating around here somewhere.

I'll post a pic later today.

Main thing is that I got clear passing lamp lights. They didn't match the headlight. The Suzuki's was clear as well. The pattern is much sharper and the high beams just ROCKS! It uses the same bulb as stock.

Now all the lenses match.

My question would be are you disappointed with the style or light output? The bulbs can be changed, in fact most of us have. I use a Sylvania Silverstar in mine. It's way brighter than the stock one.

I'm disappointed about the STYLE. I'm glad I started this thread...

Nice link found.

Keep em coming guy & gals