IGNORED

Can ya help a brother out? ( with his slippy clutch)

RedRocket

The clutch on my 88 has got the high rpm slips. New clutch plates or a conversion are outside the realm of the current budget.

Does anyone out there have a clutch spring from their 86 and up ( Royal Stars too if I understand it ) that they don't have a need for? Maybe you already did a Barnett conversion on your bike. I'd happily pay a few bucks for it.

Thanks to whoever PM's me, or even just reads this.:thumbsup2:

a little info , i can tell when i need to change my oil , hard to shift and the clutch

slips , i pour a 1/2 can of sea foam in the oil , let the motor run at idle a few mins.

than change the oil wala ! no more slipping !

Thom

Im sure others will chime in here but you may have to go with a PCW plate. If im not mistaken it can be done for less than 100.00.

Unfortunately you need 4 letters to do a search on this board so I can't find PCW. Got a breakdown of the abbreviation?

a little info , i can tell when i need to change my oil , hard to shift and the clutch

slips , i pour a 1/2 can of sea foam in the oil , let the motor run at idle a few mins.

than change the oil wala ! no more slipping !

Thom

Thanks. My VFR was the same way. I could tell by the shift smoothness. In this case the oil is fresh - Rotella T synthetic for what's probably it's first time. I don't want to switch back to dino oil though. I'd rather just double up the cluth springs unless you know another cheap fix.

I did the clutch upgrade a year or so ago. I didn't care for the way the clutch felt so I just put the VMAX spring in but didn't use the steel disc that came with the kit. I would be glad to ship the disc to you if it would help. I have the old spring also but I doubt that would do you any good.

Let me know,

Jerry

I did the clutch upgrade a year or so ago. I didn't care for the way the clutch felt so I just put the VMAX spring in but didn't use the steel disc that came with the kit. I would be glad to ship the disc to you if it would help. I have the old spring also but I doubt that would do you any good.

Let me know,

Jerry

That's OK thanks. I've already arranged a used spring with another member. It should do some good. I've read that doubling up 2 soggy diaphragm springs does the job.