IGNORED

Hat's off to BuddyRich and his cable!

Guest ReinyRooster

Guest ReinyRooster

Well I finally got enough junk cleared out of the way that I could actually get to the bike and get her outside for a spring oil change and wash today. Then I hooked up the BuddyRich cable with the Zumo550 and synched it with my cell phone. It worked like a charm. I can now use the cell phone and hear it through the helmet speakers and use the mic to talk on the phone.

It's not that I anticipate using the cell phone much while on the bike but it's handy when you do need it, and with both my parents and the in-laws getting older and ill, it's nice that if something happens, they can reach me if I'm out for a day trip on the bike:dancefool::dancefool::thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:.

My hats off to BuddyRich for a great job!

Well I finally got enough junk cleared out of the way that I could actually get to the bike and get her outside for a spring oil change and wash today. Then I hooked up the BuddyRich cable with the Zumo550 and synched it with my cell phone. It worked like a charm. I can now use the cell phone and hear it through the helmet speakers and use the mic to talk on the phone.

It's not that I anticipate using the cell phone much while on the bike but it's handy when you do need it, and with both my parents and the in-laws getting older and ill, it's nice that if something happens, they can reach me if I'm out for a day trip on the bike:dancefool::dancefool::thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:.

My hats off to BuddyRich for a great job!

Reiney,That is exactly what happened to me while riding with Gunboat and Ponch...I got a call from Debby and Debby was frantic,her Mother had had a stroke and Debby was about to head out to Junction,Texas but luckily I had my BuddyRich cable and received the phone call.I am glad I had it as Debby had just taken her Pain Meds(straight Morphine) and had no business driving..You will love it as the calls both receiving and sending are QUIET! Tom

Guest ReinyRooster

David, I only tried it out in the driveway but it worked like a charm! Didn't have time to go for a ride today.

• 1 month later...
Anybody that wants a cable can PM me. I had to raise the price to 40 this year because parts price increase. The ones for a 1st gen will be 43. Its got to have more parts.

How does this work together? I have a Zumo550 and a Nolan helmet looking to do the Bluetooth thing. Wondering what the cable does?

How is the wind noise over the telephone with the Buddy Rich setup? I tried a Kennedy cell set and it was very poor. If anyone wants the Kennedy cell set PM me. I am very interested depending on the feedback from the Buddy Rich users. Thanks

How is the wind noise over the telephone with the Buddy Rich setup? I tried a Kennedy cell set and it was very poor. If anyone wants the Kennedy cell set PM me. I am very interested depending on the feedback from the Buddy Rich users. Thanks

I lile mine. my wife also like it so she can get in touch with me as needed. The wind noise is not a problem under 55mph. I where a half helmet and at interstate speeds above 65mph it makes it hard to carry on a conversation but you can say short statements. under 55mph my wife and I have full conversations no problem. i know others that have full face helmets and when I talk to them i don't even know they are on a bike.

I have called work doing 70 and they didn't even know I was on the bike. Just using the basic J&M headset. At that speed I cup my hand over the mic cause I caught myself yelling into it and going horse while trying to talk over all the wind noise I am hearing (with my ears ,not thru the headsets). The person on the other end had no idea i was even on a bike.

How does this work together? I have a Zumo550 and a Nolan helmet looking to do the Bluetooth thing. Wondering what the cable does?

If you have a bluetooth helmet, you can hook directly to your zumo, and pair your zumo with your phone. No need for extra cables for just phone or voice prompts.