IGNORED

LED Turn signals and Front lamps

Guest Sponge Bob

Guest Sponge Bob

Hey Guys:

I would like to replace both my rear turn signals as well my front ones with LED's. I don't want to loose the 4 way flasher, what can I do to get this all together?

Sponge Bob

It's a dry heat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Guys:

I would like to replace both my rear turn signals as well my front ones with LED's. I don't want to loose the 4 way flasher, what can I do to get this all together?

Sponge Bob

It's a dry heat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll just have to use load equalizers. Kinda defeats the purpose of the LEDs, however. That's assuming you want to use less current.

• 5 years later...
Hey Guys:

Sponge Bob

I have LEDs front and back on my '02 and the 4 ways work fine. Lights flash a bit fast but they get the attention of drivers, so I left them alone. Using load equalizers defeats the whole purpose of going to LEDs as the voltage draw is back to what you had with the original bulbs.

Now if I could only keep the rain out of the damn things.

Hawque:301:

Yea the draw is back up but only on the signal side. Which is very momentary with the load equilizers. Did you use a replacement bulb or the high dollar panel things that go in the fixture? I had them in my rears but didnt care for the fast flash thing and the bulbs I put in the front didnt look as brite as the incandesents. There has been a couple write ups around about how to modify our flasher units so they will work with the LED and still retain the auto cancel feature.

I drilled a very small hole in the bottom of the rear housing of the front signal lights and that seems to keep everything drier. Being sealed caused moisture due to the heat of the bulb. I also use a dialectric grease on the base of the bulb to prevent moisture damage.