IGNORED

Service from Southwest Moto Tire

V7Goose

Just an FYI on my most recent order from Southwest Moto Tire in Tucson, Arizona. I have ordered from them many times before and always received the tires within 2-3 days (standard free shipping). I always considered this fantastic service.

I just placed an order for three tires last Wednesday - Fed-ex shipping confirmation estimates delivery NEXT Wednesday - full 7 days. May not be too bad, but it is a far cry from what I have come to expect from SWMT. Can't say if this is due to the new owners or just a strange set of circumstances, but thought I'd at least share the info.

Goose

Hey Goose,

Perhaps one or more of the tires you ordered were not in stock at that location. I have noticed that many companies are not keeping as much inventory lately. It could be nothing more that tire shipped to them, then shipped to you. Just a thought,:confused24:

Earl

Same experience as Bummer, ordered two Avons on 3/19, they just showed up, Monday 3/23. Not too bad from AZ to MA. Luckily the weather is a little on the cool side this week so I'm not going to mind tearing the bike apart to replace the tires.

One of the tires you ordered must be at a warehouse in some other part of the country. I know they have one in Florida and one in Tennessee and I'm sure in other places. I just ordered and received a new set of Michelin Commanders and they came to me from Tennessee. That's understandable with me being in Alabama. They have alway given me great service. I was worried about manufacturing date on my tires. The rear had a date of 0309 (3rd week of 2009). The front was not a good but I'm not complaining, 4307. This is my 4th set of tires from them and will I will continue to use them.

Thanx for the various responses, all. Sounds to me like their service is remaining pretty good, but perhaps not quite as fast as it has been in the past. I wouldn't be surprised if my case was simply an anomaly that might have happened even before the change of owners, but I have no way of knowing since it never did. I'll probably continue to use them too, but I will no longer assure others that they will get their tires in 3-4 days like I always have in the past!

Goose