IGNORED

removed cassette, added gauges......done

that looks better than i had imagined

you'd think yamaha could make that, like, an option or something.......or a kit....but then, thinking further.....why pay yamaha some high price for what you can do yourself....for probably less than half of what they would probably charge.......

Edited by jlh3rd

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don, Can you take this Entire Thread and place into

the TECH Section soon? There are so many great idea's

and folks have there different ways that I think it would

be good just to place the whole damn thing into it. :think:

That way when I proceed one day with this , I will be able

to look back and find it. I have all my parts laying on the work

bench now *lol* And sure enough if I start the project it

will get sunny and warm for riding :D

Jeff

Copied to tech section.

• 1 month later...

Here's a drawing of the gauge plate I used.

[ATTACH]30066[/ATTACH]

The upper corners will have to have a radius on them to match the dash. Also, one of the gauges was a little tight (oil pressure, I think) so you may have to open it a little.

You can use Aluminum, steel, ABS or just about anything that's reasonably rigid.

Ponch

And we will be seeing the pics...when.............?????????? :confused24:

Here's a drawing of the gauge plate I used.

[ATTACH]30066[/ATTACH]

The upper corners will have to have a radius on them to match the dash. Also, one of the gauges was a little tight (oil pressure, I think) so you may have to open it a little.

You can use Aluminum, steel, ABS or just about anything that's reasonably rigid.

Ponch

• 1 month later...

Thx. Took the plug to a different auto parts store who had a better fitting o-ring but more importantly a fatter, better fitting o-ring. Leak is gone! whew

So Im proud of myself for gettign past that one. I put the whole things back together, crack the engine to test the three gauges, no oil pressure! Turns out I clamped the oil line between the gauge bracket and the plastic housing. Had to cut out the line, had to get another ferrel, such a waste of time and energy. ANyway, all done now and everythign works.

Are there stats on where oil pressure and water temp should be at idle and highway speeds?

btw Ponch, I used your faceplate drawing . THANK YOU !

my oil pressure , at start up, runs about 60+.at speed.... at idle, about 40psi.......after water temp stabilizes at around 190-210.....my oil pressure runs about 28-30 psi, in 5th gear, at 70mph..at idle, about 8psi....if i shift into 3rd, or 4th....and run the revs up...my oil pressure can rise to 40-60 psi......

Now that is what Yama should do to replace the Lame cassete deck that NO ONE uses.

I resemble that remark. I have a Neil Diamond tape that I cannot get on CD so I listen to it while I am riding. At lease once every 3 years... LOL :banana: :banana: :banana::dancefool: :dancefool: :dancefool: :thumbsup:

I'm too lazy to put it on a disc..:no-no-no:

But I do want one of the stainless dash covers. :thumbsup: That looks GREAT! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

• 4 weeks later...

hey guys,

I am having a B*tch of a time getting the 10MM plug out of the cylinder head are you guys using a socket and then tapping on it with a hammer or what. I am always afraid of breaking something(usually my fingers). got the oil on fine

hey guys,

I am having a B*tch of a time getting the 10MM plug out of the cylinder head are you guys using a socket and then tapping on it with a hammer or what. I am always afraid of breaking something(usually my fingers). got the oil on fine

Yes, that water plug IS tough to remove - it is cemented in. Either a hammer or a cheater bar will solve the problem (but you don't know me if something breaks!). :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

finally just pushed until it and my bicep broke. I got it loose and my arm hurts. It almost acted like it was cross threaded at first but came out fine. I have threatened the mechanic at my local shop to execute him if he ever used the strong loctite on my bike. I know this came from the factory. I wonder what those plugs were intended for. Also if you have your venture lowered without the shorty stand, a small amount of oil comes out.

rdunbar

read your post too late....but , in the future, if you have a bolt that you know or suspect is loctited...you need to heat that bolt up to release the loctite.....when i can't use a torch...i have a heat gun i use