IGNORED

My Aunt Went for Her Final Ride Today

Dooder1

Some of the members here know that my Aunt Vikki was in a motorcycle accident back in April in Reno, Nevada where She lived. She was riding Her HD Heritage when she was hit by a tire that came across the center devider on the freeway. She passed away while I was in Ft. Collins from her injuries. She was a remarkable woman, She gave me my first motorcycle ride 45 yrs ago and I was hooked. She was 75 when She passed and had been riding for over 50 yrs. She was the first woman in Nevada to get a motorcycle license.

She was a member of the Blue Knights in Reno and was a member of the Reno Ramblers M.C. She had many friends in the Motorcycle community in Reno, the state of Nevada and the State of California.

Today they had her service at Sparks Marina. I wasnt able to attend but my Mom did. She said there were over 2000 people there and Hundreds of Motorcycle's if not over a 1000.

She carried a metal flask on Her bike with water where ever She went. They took the flask and filled it with Her ashes and after the service today they took Her for a final

Ride. Wish I could of went for that final ride with you. I will miss seeing you riding that purple electra glide with the white seat. But dont worry we will ride together again one day.

Love Ya

Dooder

John,

I know how you felt at Ft. Collins when you heard the news. My sincere condolences for you and all of your family. I know your loss is great. It sounds like she had a wonderful service full of family and friends. May she ride now where the weather is always good and the roads are always clear.

I was sorry to hear your Aunt passed away. From what you've told us about her she'll always be with you whenever you ride, since she was the one who gave you your love of riding. Hearing so many were at the service for her only goes to show how many lives she touched. You may not have been there for her final ride in person but you were there in your heart. Just cherish your memories and smile every time you ride your bike, 'cause it sounds like she was happy every time she rode hers.

Margaret

My heartfelt condonlences to you Dooder1. It was a pleasure meeting you at Ft. Collins and talking to you, and it sounded like your aunt was one of a kind, one the truly loved what she did, and now, she will have clear skies ahead of her as the Lord watche's over her, take care.

Rich

John,

Sorry to hear about your Aunt! She sounded to be a very special lady! One thay I would have liked to meet. Remember, she will be with you, whenever you ride. And I know you will never give that up!

We are here for you if you need someone to talk to!