IGNORED

True Drivel....

1BigDog

After reading the post about snowing and money I was reminded of an incident way back in the 70's at Kennedy Airport. I used to pick up freight from various air cargo buildings at Kennedy. Two of my most frequent stops were shared in the same hangar. Air lift International and Al Italia Airways. Now, we were supposed to walk around the front of each hangar area to access one from the other but there was a doorway in a small vestibule that was covered in a thick layer of dust and the door was propped open with this dust covered brick. We poor slobs who made $2.00 an hour driving the "big rigs" back then, passed thru this doorway for years. One day the area was closed off, the dust all cleaned up and the door closed. We had to follow the rules and go around to the front from now on. What prompted this change was someone decided to clean up the area and seal off the door. Well, remember that brick? It turned out to be a full sized gold bar, which was lost from a shipment several years before. One of the dock people had to pass through the door and used a gold bar to temporarily prop it open. Somehow the bar was forgotten about and there was an investigation about the theft of a gold bar from the shipment later on. Literally hundreds passed right by that "brick" over time. God, I wish I had that "brick" now.......

Yep, true story......:bawling::bawling::bawling:

We can only see things we are looking for and often only in the place where we think it might be, but if we don't think it could be there, we most likely won't see it, even if we stump our toes on it.

Years ago, we used to go camping with our whole family, my brothers and sisters and all their kids. Uncle Carl always joined in the hide and seek game after dusk and it was a prize to find him. A number of times, I would hide, and then be found sitting at the campfire with the grown ups. My nieces and nephews would pass by, but never see me,,,, after all I was hiding somewhere wasn't I????