IGNORED

love my new seat

thumper1

after much deliberation and looking at my bank account i ordered a new seat from ultimate seats. best move i 've made in a while. we ride a 1997 rstd and the stock seat choices were terrible. this is the most comfortable seat i've found anywhere, the phone at the company was answered by a real person who was very helpful and courtious, and the seat arrived in 5 days. everything about the perchase was a positive experience. i would recommend this seat and this company very highly.

ride safe and be cool, thumper1:clap2:

• 1 year later...

I just purchased a 97 RSTD and love it! The wife doesn't like the passenger seat and backrest. What is the best aftermarket option for replacing both seats and backrest? What model Ultimate did you purchase? Anyone have comments on the Corbin? Photos? Thanks. Love the site.

I too love my new seat, which is an '09 stock pillow top on my '99 RSV. I spent 14 hours on it last Saturday in very hot, sticky weather (106 heat index and periods of monster downpours), and had no butt issues at all when I got home.

Glad to hear your investment was a good one for you.

The Ultimate seat one of the first purchases I made after getting my RSTD. Others here have no issue with the stock seat but for me it just was not good. I cringed at the cost and wasn't gonna replace the passengers seat but their website made it clear that you had to replace both, if purchasing an Ultimate. I have since heard that that may be untrue, I really do not know. What I do know is that the Ultimate is the best I have ever sat on. My girlfriend concurs. I rode from Redding, CA to Phonix, AZ, 996 miles, in one day on that seat. I was tired and wore out but my rear did not know it. Besides the cost the seat is not waterproof and they recommend not waterproofing it. I have had several downpours while on her, over the past 1 1/2 years, and the seat does not seem worse for wear.

Have no experience with Rick Butler seat, although everyone who has one speaks highly of his craftmanship. I also have no experience with a Corbin or Mustang seat. I vaguely remember not liking the looks of those.

I just purchased a 97 RSTD and love it! The wife doesn't like the passenger seat and backrest. What is the best aftermarket option for replacing both seats and backrest? What model Ultimate did you purchase? Anyone have comments on the Corbin? Photos? Thanks. Love the site.

I've had both a corbin and a mustang....the corbin was hard (bout like a horse saddle) the mustang was firm and to me was more comfortable, but on the RSTD it is was to shallow. Yamaha sells the comfort cruise, from what I heard is made by corbin. Its alittle softer than a traditional corbin and it doesn't have the seam in the center of the seat. I think all 4 (corbin, mustang, ultimate, yamaha) offer a passenger backrest.