IGNORED

Windshield & handlebar question

I want to do some things to my 2nd gen but have questions

1. Where can I purchase a windshield with a vent or do they even make such a thing?

2. I want to replace the handle bars with a set that brings the grips back toward the rider about 2 1/2" and about 2" wider than stock. Is the throttle cable the only thing I will have to replace with a longer set? What about wiring?

I want to do some things to my 2nd gen but have questions

1. Where can I purchase a windshield with a vent or do they even make such a thing?

2. I want to replace the handle bars with a set that brings the grips back toward the rider about 2 1/2" and about 2" wider than stock. Is the throttle cable the only thing I will have to replace with a longer set? What about wiring?

I've put the RSTD bars on my bike. 2" taller, 2" wider, and 2.5" more pullback if I remember right.

Here is a thread where I talked about them...

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19543&highlight=rstd+bars

Try this site:

http://clearviewshields.com/shop/product.php?id=65

The pic of the RSV is of mine. Had it on the bike for over 2 years. I've got the tallest one due to the fact I'm 6'5" and my co-pilot likes it also. The vent is great in summer. You get air on your mid-section. Order now. Don't wait till summer like I did and everyone is ordering one. Took over 5 weeks to get my shield. Also go down to the bottom of the page and click on the "View Available Inventory". They have some already made up ones and some blems at a discount price. Hope this helps.

I,ve got the clearview windshield. I like it but has a defect and I have emailed them twice to ask about it and they will not answer me. I have read where a lot of people have had very good customer service with them so I don't know why they will not answer me. I would email them and see if they will talk to you before you buy from them. I don't know if their customer service is going down hill or what. If they answer then you can order from them. Also the gas cap reflects into the windshied pretty bad so you will probably need a gas cap cover. You can buy one or make one.

Harry :missingtooth:

Not a big deal to buy the Goldwing vent and install it in the stock shield - you don't even have to take the shield off the bike if you are careful. I fashioned a template by tracing the vent and then cut the shield with a laminate bit on a spiral saw (Zip). A little cleanup work with a file and a Dremel and the vent popped right in. Love that vent on a hot day, and it also takes a little airpressure off the shield which helps reduce wind inputs to the steering just a little. Highly recommended.

Kelly

You can also install a Honda Gold Wing vent in your stock windshield.

Interesting. Never thought about a vent before. I like that idea. This is the first ride I have (Venture) that has a permanent 'shield' in front of you at all times. My old ride had a removable windshield which I removed for short trips. I like the feel of the wind 'blowing through my hair' and this should about compensate for it. Question though.....does a GoldWing vent fit the curves of a stock Venture screen?

Bluez :cool17:

FYI,

I ordered a Clearview windshield with a vent a couple of weeks ago. I haven't gotten it yet so I thought I would give them a call. They said that they normally could send them out right away but they were out of vents. He said they were suppose to get some vents in on Monday so they would be able to install the vent and ship out on Monday. In the course of our conversation, he said they get the vents straight from Honda. So, I think it would be safe to assume that Clearview buys Goldwing vents and installs them on Venture windshields just like someone suggested earlier in this thread

Question though.....does a GoldWing vent fit the curves of a stock Venture screen?

YES. there are instructions somewhere, and you can buy the kit at either a local Honda dealership or from one of the on-line places.

They are not cheep, nor are they inexpensive.

They are the ones that Clearview puts in their windshields.