IGNORED

Finally a decent riding day

Dragonslayer

I know we do alot of bragging down here in the sunny south about our twelve month riding season. But, the truth of the matter is that since November our weather in Atlanta has pretty much sucked, at least for riding. If it wasn't raining (which we despertly needed) it's been pretty cold. Not as cold as some of you but cold enough to keep the bike parked. I'm at a loss to understand how some you in the colder climates tolerate the winters but down here, we don't do well with the cold and Cabin Fever can be a real concern.

Expressing my concerns about my mental health due to cabin fever to Blackjack, he suggested a ride on Friday which was projected as a decent riding day. Mostly sunny with a high temp of 65. Friday also happened to be the opening day of the Great American Motorcycle Show being held here in Atlanta, this weekend. So we agreed on a time and place to meet and took a short but pleasant ride to attend the opening of the show. One of his neighbors/Goldwing buddies, Ken, who has also attended several N. Ga. M&E's, also made it in time to be there with us when the doors opened. We spent the afternoon walking the show which overall was the same as last year's and all the years before. But, we still had a good time and I took a few pictures to share.

...... Friday which was projected as a decent riding day. Mostly sunny with a high temp of 65.

Decent?? 40 with no salt on the roads is decent!

50, cloudy - pretty good.

60, partly sunny - really great.

65, mostly sunny - AS GOOD AS IT GETS!

70, sun or not - still pretty good

80, sunny - hope I don't get stuck in traffic.

90+, sun or not - I'm taking the cage with AC. I really feel sorry for those southern folks having weather like this 8 months a year.

-25 °C here today (-13 °F). Windy and lots of ice and salt on the roads. Don't think the scoot is going anywhere anytime soon. With luck, I'll be able to hit the road by the first week of APRIL!!!

As long as there isn't any salt or ice on the road, I'm happy to ride at 40 °F - at least for an hour or so. While I have ridden at lower temps, its more of an ordeal than recreation.

Ross

Edited by RossKean

18 degrees here! :cold:

I am glad I live a little farther down state. Friday got to 58 here. I was able to get my wife's VStar out for about a 30 minute ride and then my RSV.

Found that the o-ring seal on the VStar final is leaking and spraying gear oil on the wheel. Easy fix though.

Can't wait til Spring.