IGNORED

this Guy is tough!!

friesman

I am sure youve all heard me complaing about the cold around here the last few days. Well here is a story of a guy riding his scoot across Canada to raise money for Juvenile Diabetes. For those of you that may not know the overnight low the night before he arrived it was -40c which also happens to be -40F WITHOUT any windchill factored in.

This guy is dedicated to his cause, I hope he raises a ton of donations for Juvenile Diabetes. Crossing Canada in January is gonna be one cold and long trip!!!!!

http://www.leaderpost.com/Health/motorcycle+tour+raise+awareness+about+diabetes/1180062/story.html

Brian

He's definitely riding for a good cause and I applaud that. But he's riding in snow, ice, salt and God knows what else with no helmet on. Hope he has good insurance. I wonder if he's wrapped tight enough riding with no helmet in -40 below. I was on a snowmobile this week in Northern New Hampshire at -22 below and had to open my visor a few times due to fog. My face hurt so bad after a minute or so that I was forced to shut the thing.

Edited by Bigfoot

He is doing a good cause for sure. I am almost positive that this pic is a posed one. Helmets are mandatory in all provinces and the only exemption would be for a parade and he would need a permit.

Dang that must have been cold.....its now warmer than it was in Arkansas when we went down to get my bike last month!

Gonna be in the + tomorrow! That should get the frost out and make slick roads even more fun for him.

...its now warmer than it was in Arkansas when we went down to get my bike last month!...
Sounds like you might need to add Arkansas to your map, or did you have to trailer it? Wish I had known you were coming this way, could have at least taken you out for some good BBQ and given you a place ot stay. Maybe next time.

I am sure its a posed pic as theres no way you could be moving very fast in the cold like that. Here we do have a helmet law, and you notice those little pieces of cardboard trying to block wind...good luck with that!!! Even with heated clothing at -30 most of the day yesterday and colder than that at night its still gonna be cold!

On an up side when its that cold the roads arent very slippery even with alll the ice on them.

But today we hit 0c (32f)so its gonna get awfully greasy for him, the TC #1 highway theres no snow build up, but the frost will collect on the pavement as the cold pavement will will freeze any moisture in the now warmer air.

Brian

Hey the rest of the story is that this guy spends a lot of the trip in his truck, but for pic, oppotunities, but good cause, not really what you are led to belive ! ! Good luck

ps: the front page of our local paper 2 days ago read we where colder than the South pole or the North pole !

mobile

Great cause...good on him, but I guarantee that that pic is just for publicity. There is no way in hell that he rides in those temps without a helmet. His ears, nose and face would be frost bit off in about 10 minutes.

or less...